09 | Stop flirting with me, woman.

Like,

Comment,

and constructive feedback is appreciated💜

P.s. Don't be a silent reader.
(Not edited)

Kataleya's POV:

“Bestie, If I wasn't straight I would definitely ask you out on a date!” Iris exclaimed, checking me up to down.

“You do know my opinion won't change, right?” Raising an eyebrow at her, I asked.

“Yet, you are still not changing. So that means my praises and admiring worked.” She whistled.

I was dressing up and getting ready for the reception when I saw my dress was exchanged with another one. The dress I had bought was a short and simple yet elegant one. On the other hand, instead of finding my dress I found a gown. Apparently, Iris saw the dress and hid it somewhere.

“It's your wedding reception, wearing a gown once won't hurt you.” When I confronted her, she said this.

It was a floor length shimmery gold gown which cloaked my figure. It was not a studded or heavily worked gown, yet it was still graceful and delicately classy. The V neckline of the gown stopped right above my bust, while its spaghetti straps revealed my arms. It clinched to my waist, and the rest flowed down my hips.
To go with my dress, Iris did a natural make up. But, for eyes, she did smokey eyes and a red shade of lipstick to go with it.

“I would have walked more freely with a dress. That's why, I still prefer my dress. Though, I do look amazing.” I voiced out.

“Whatever. Also, we are done with your hairstyle too.” She exclaimed and picked her mobile.

She refused to let me see her styling my hair, so I had no idea how my hair looked. The sound of clicking of camera reached my ear and soon, Iris passed me her mobile.

I hummed softly in admiration at the messy updo she had styled my hair into. While, a floral pearl hair headpiece rest on it.

“Neat.” I complimented, earning a happy squeal from her.

“I practiced that on my mom's hair so many times. I didn't want to ruin this for you. I am happy I did an amazing job.” My lips twitched upward hearing her rambling. She is cute.

“Now, last but not least, the necklace!.” Immediately after speaking, she took the jewelry box resting on the dressing table. Opening the box, she took out the necklace and placed it on my neck, locking it.

“I'll wear the earrings by myself.” I stated. She nodded her head, and placed the pair of earrings on my hand.

“Well, I am ready now.” I stated as soon as I was done putting on the earrings.

“Let's go! Everyone must be waiting for the bride's arrival.” Iris winked at me.

“Stop flirting with me, woman. I am married.” Deciding to play along, I scolded her.

“And, does it matter?” She wiggled her eyebrows making me pinch her hand.

“Ouch! That hurts like hell!” She winced, while soothing the spot I pinched.

Both of us walked out of the dressing room along the hallway which was littered with sparking fairy lights.
Since the wedding ceremony was outdoor, the reception indoor, the theme and decoration was completely different.

With Rose gold and black colors as the theme for reception, everything was dark yet extremely enchanting.

The tables were black with rose gold colour plates on them and simple candles in glass vases were also offering remarkable experience. On every table, there was placed a bouquet of Ivory roses. A large chandelier hung above the main table, while small chandeliers above every other table.