Chapter 3

The following night, Malaysia had Steven meet her in a Walmart parking lot.

"So this is what we do, baby girl?", he asked. "Have a nigga pick you up in a Walmart parking lot?"

"Listen I don't need you finding out where I live if I don't even know if I wanna be with you", said Malaysia.

"I told you I could find out regardless if I wanted to", said Steven.

Malaysia looked around at the car.

"This car is nice though", she said. "I've had my eye on it since it came out"

"Yea, it's alright", said Steven.

"Alright? It's really nice", she Malaysia. "Stop tryna act cool"

Steven looked at her with a smirk.

"Eyes on the road", she said.

Steven looked ahead of him at the road as he drove.

"Where are we going anyway?", she asked.

"drive-in movie", he said.

"Drive-in movies?", she asked.

"Yea. Gives us a chance to watch a movie and get to know each other.", he said.

"...okay", she said.

"What do you wanna eat while we watch the movie. You wanna get some food there or you wanna get something from Zaxby's or something?", he asked.

"Cookout?", she asked.

"Alright", he replied.

He went into the CookOut drive-thru and order their food.

Suddenly the car starts shaking, the music in a car behind them.

"Dang", said Malaysia as she looked back.

"I like that song", said Steven.

"Yea but it's loud as hell. How do you not go deaf like that?", asked Malaysia.

Steven chuckled.

Steven drove up to the window.

"15- oh hey Trig. How you doing?", said the cashier.

"Good", said Steven.

The cashier looked to see who was in the passenger seat. "Hey girl", said the cashier

"Hey", said Malaysia.

"But 15.80 plus tip", said the cashier.

"Better take $15.80 and go about yo business", said Steven as he hands her his card.

She laughs and swipes the card. She gives it back, along with their food.

"I had them make it special for y'all.", said the cashier.

"Bye", said Steven before he drove off.

"How you know her?", asked Malaysia as she took the bag from Steven.

"Went to school with her", said Steven.

"Oh, and she called you Trig? What does that stand for? Trigonometry?", she asked jokingly.

Steven chuckled.

"Nah", said Steven. "I'm known for having a trigga finger. So it's actually Trigga but they call me Trig for short"

"Should I be scared? I think I should", said Malaysia mumbled to herself.

"I'm just being honest with you. That's what you want right?", he asked.