Chapter 50

Steven waited for Malaysia to wake up and when she did. She sat up.

"Come on", he said.

"Come on? Where?", she asked. "Wait, King. Where is King?"

"With my dad.", said Steven. "He is the reason for all of this. He wanted to mold me into him. He wasn't in the picture, but he was pulling the string all along"

"What? How?", asked Malaysia.

"Too much to explain and no time. Our bags are in the car. Come on", he said as he stood up.

Steven helped her up and walked her down the steps and outside into the car.

"What happened?", asked Malaysia.

"My dad happened", said Steven. "I don't like where this is going and you made it worst by killing that guy."

Malaysia looked forward.

"You don't understand the repercussions to some shit. If he needed to be dead, I would've shot him. You shouldn't have done that!", he said.

"I'm sorry", said Malaysia.

Steven started driving to the airport.

"Where are we going?", asked Malaysia.

"We have to go back to Miami", said Steven.

"They aren't going to do anything King are they?", asked Malaysia.

"Nah, but if that was anyone else, they could've. You got lucky", said Steven.

Malaysia looked down. She was still a little drowsy from the injection. The same way she felt that night that Kilo kidnapped her.

"...Kilo worked for your dad", said Malaysia.

Steven looked at her then back at the road.

"Think about it, I killed him. Your dad knew that I killed him...nobody came after me", said Malaysia. "How can your dad know about something he had nothing to do with. Better yet? How could he know about something that involved me like I was known in these streets...then he got in contact with Kelz. It had to be. Kelz's mood changed too fast toward me."

"...you're smart", said Steven.

"So I'm right?", asked Malaysia.

"I think so...I think once you came into the picture and maybe he knew how much I was starting to like you...I think that well he wanted you to be more prepared for the life I come with", he said. "I didnt have any problems with Kilo"

"So..him training me wasn't for the robbery?", asked Malaysia.

"I think they could've did that shit themselves. That was too easy", said Steven.

Malaysia looked down.

"...he told me that I needed someone like me...that's not true", he said.

"There's nothing wrong with you. You're just...a little damaged. You've lost a lot", said Malaysia.

"And it seems like you're a little damaged too. I've seen a different side of you since the baby died", said Steven.

"Just hurt. You don't understand the feeling that I feel because you weren't carrying the kid", said Malaysia. "Makes me not even wanna be pregnant anymore. It's like I have this fear now."

"...I completely understand", said Steven.

"But other than that, I just don't understand what your dad wants from you so bad", said Malaysia.

"Guess it's time to figure that out", said Steven.

———-

Malaysia and Steven finally arrived at his dad's house.

"It's about time. Your son is upstairs taking a nap peacefully.", said Steven's dad.

"Nobody told you to bring him here in the first place", said Steven.

"Nobody told you two to leave without my permission", said his dad.

"Nigga you don't own us", said Steven.

"I own her", said his dad.

Steven made a face.

"She agreed to help me whenever I needed it. Ain't that right Malaysia?", he asked. "Somebody's word is heavy for me because people don't usually lie to me"

"That was before you took my son with my permission", said Malaysia

"How else was I going to get my assets back?", His dad  asked.

"You're a fucking manipulator. You acted as if though you were an okay guy but really you aren't", said Steven. "You almost got her killed twice"

"Don't know what you're talking about but keep thinking that", said his dad.

" I'm going to get king", said Malaysia as she walked toward the steps.

The men block her.

"Move", said Malaysia.

"Malaysia—"

Malaysia started talking over steven.

"I said move!", she shouted.

"Malaysia!", Steven shouted.

Malaysia looked at Steven.

"Leave it alone", said Steven

Malaysia walked outside.

"What do you want now? I did the job. Nigga I'm done.", said Steven.

"Malaysia is a different kind of breed. She's not afraid to kill and she's smart about. She used all of her aspects. Beauty, charm, and brains", said his dad. "I hate to say it because she's a woman but I need her on team and I intend on having her and you on it. You ain't never gonna make sure this kind of money owning some little business. You already sold all your cars but one. What's next the house?"

Steven didn't say anything.

"You get a thirty percent of money", said his dad.

"50%", said Steven.

"That's a little steep ain't it?", asked his dad.

"You wanna get to know me? That's what it takes", said Steven. "I got a family to feed especially if I'm going to be moving here"

"...fine. You got a deal", said his dad.

Steven and him shake on it.

Steven was going to play along for now but eventually he had another plan in mind. Take everything he has.