Chapter 26

A couple of weeks later, Steven did the DNA test for Imoni's baby and he got back the DNA results for King, which is the baby that Malaysia just had.

Kelz and Steven are in the car smoking blunt and talking my

"Nigga I ain't seen you in a month", said Kelz as he smoke the blunt. "How fatherhood treating you."

"Good", said Steven as he opened the envelope.

"I got a toy for little dude. It's in my bag", said Kelz as he reached in the backseat to get his bookbag.

As Kelz did that, Steven read the results and he was the father of Malaysia's baby.

"Thank God", said Steven.

Kelz pulled out a toy gun.

Steven looked at it.

"My nigga, who is that for?", asked Steven as he took the blunt from Kelz's hand.

"King", said Kelz.

"He's an infant. Not 8 years old", said Steven as he blow smoke from his mouth.

"Soo...that's a no? I can't give this to him?", asked Kelz.

"Nigga no", said Steven as he put the results in his glove department.

"Damn. Alright then", said Kelz. "Imoni money hungry. You know that right. That bitch looking for a come-up.

Steven let out a sigh as he hands Kelz the blunt.

"Her ex got money, you got money, everybody she mess with got money", said Kelz. "Shit ain't no coincidence."

"Malaysia is going to be pissed", said Steven.

"You better be worried about your pockets fucking around with Imoni, not Malaysia. You ain't cheat on her, she'll be good", said Kelz.

"You know how females are though", said Steven. "Especially her. It's like every little thing I do she gets mad about. She wants shit to be perfect."

"I understand what you mean", said Kelz.

"We're finally getting on the right track and Imoni is just fucking shit up and then Malaysia is going through something because she acting differently. Like her life ain't shit. talking about how she's a bad mom and not good enough...  I don't know where she's getting that from", said Steven.

"Probably postpartum depression. Better go to the crib because she fuck around and drowns King or something", said Kelz.

"I'm way ahead of you. She's at her mom's house until I get home", said Steven.

"I thought you said her people ain't fuck with you", said Kelz.

"Her mom iight . It's dad that be bullshittin' ", said Steven.

Steven's phone starts ringing. It was Imoni. He ignored it.

"She just wanna get cussed out", said Steven. "I told her I was going to get the shot done today. I even went over there after I dropped Malaysia off to get the DNA from the baby. She keep calling me and shit."

"Just answering it", said Kelz.

"Nah man. She ain't about to be rushing me. When I get the results I'll call her", said Steven. "I should get it either tomorrow or Friday."

"Damn. Nigga out here just giving his kids away", said Kelz.

"Shut the hell up", said Steven as he chuckled.

"You slippin'. I think Malaysia fuckin' with your head", said Kelz.

"I think you need to pass the blunt. That's that I think", said Steven.

Kelz gave Steven the blunt.

Steven smoked it.

Once they finished talking and smoking, Steven went to the house to take a shower so he wouldn't smell like weed. After that, he went to pick Malaysia up.

Steven saw that her dad was home so he prepared himself for anything that her dad could possibly say.

Steven rang the doorbell and eventually Malaysia's mom opened the door.

"Hey Steven", said her mom. "Malaysia and the baby just went to sleep."

"Oh they did? I guess I'll just let them sleep then. She doesn't get much sleep at the house", said Steven.

"I can tell", said her mom.

"Matter fact, can I just come in? I really haven't formally introduced myself and let you guys get to me yet. My mom would be mad at me for that if she was still here", said Steven. "It's rude of me. I don't want y'all to think that I don't care to get to y'all or for y'all to get to know me."

"That's nice of you Steven but now isn't the best time. How about tomorrow for dinner?", she asked.

"Okay, that's fine", said Steven. "I guess I'll just go get something to eat and go to a couple of stores while they sleep."

"Okay", said her mom.

Steven walk to his car.

Her mom shut the door and walked to her and Malaysia's dad's room.

"Honey, Steven wants officially meet us so I told him we could have him and malaysia for dinner tomorrow", said Malaysia's mom.

"I don't want that boy in my house, Barbara", said Malaysia's dad.

"Will, look you can be made about their relationship all you want to. They're together, your daughter is happy. You need to be happy. He isn't hindering her from anything.", said Barbara.

"She's going to get her heart broken", said Will.

Barbara sighs. "I get where you're coming from but you need to just get used to it for now and be civil. You could at least get to know the boy", she said.

"I already know what he's on and I don't like it", said Will.

"Well I'll tell him to just have dinner at his house and I'll go myself. You can stay here and eat alone", said Barbara.

Malaysia walked into the room. "Daddy, this is really annoying okay? You don't have to like, because I don't care, but you don't have to act like that. He's trying okay? Is he Terrell? No. Far from Terrell. But that doesn't mean he can't be just as good as Terrell or better. Put what he does for a living to the side and talk to him. That's all he's asking for. If he didn't care about talking to y'all he wouldn't have asked. But I guess you don't understand what it feels like for you to be with someone and their parents don't like them. They feel isolated. He didn't do anything to you guys", said Malaysia.

"I'm fine with him. It's your dad", said Barbara.

"It's always him...just remember, you didn't like Terrell at first but as you got to know him you realized he wasn't bad...I know that in your eyes I'm your babygirl but I'm older now. I have to make decisions on my own. This is my decision and you should respect it.", said Malaysia.

Will sighed and looked away.

"Honey I thought you were asleep", said Barbara.

"I heard the doorbell", said Malaysia.

"Oh. It was Steven. He left back out to let you guys rest so please go rest", said Barbara.

Malaysia nods before walking back out of the room.

"I'm going downstairs", said Barbara.

Barbara walked out of the room.