Chapter 37

"Figure that shit out. I told you don't call me this weekend while I'm out with my lady. I left you in charge. You're only supposed to call me for serious shit", said Steven. "You know how to deal with shit like that Kelz. Why you calling me?"

"You right man. Alright, my bad", said Kelz. "Enjoy vacation dawg"

"Alright. Thanks", said Steven.

Kelz hung up the phone.

Steven walked back into the air bnb that they rented.

"This place is so nice", said Malaysia with a smile.

"It's alright", said Steven as he put his arms around her.

"So...what made you wanna come Hawaii?", asked Malaysia. "Did you do something bad?"

Steven chuckled. "No", he said. "Why I gotta take you out because I did something?"

"I don't know. I was just asking", said Malaysia. "It was just so sudden"

"Yea...I just felt like you deserved it after everything I put you through", said Steven.

"I love you", said Malaysia.

"I love you too baby", said Steven.

Malaysia begins kissing him.

Steven stops her.

"What?", she asked.

"Nothing, I just...can I ask you something?", he asked.

"You wanna marry me?", she asked.

Steven made a face.

"My dad told me", said Malaysia.

Steven sucked his teeth.

"I wasn't going to tell you that I knew but...I don't know how to act surprised either", said Malaysia.

"I had the whole night planned out for you", said Steven. "It really fucked things up"

"I'm sorry he did that. We can still do what you planned", said Malaysia.

"Yea but it won't be the same", said Steven. "You know what I'm sorry I even told your dad"

"Actually I'm glad you did because it gave me time to think about rather than to give you an answer on impulse because I would've said no", she said.

Steven made a face.

"But as I thought about it...I want to say yes", said Malaysia.

"Why would it have been no? I'm doing what you asked. I'm not dealing drugs or in the streets, Im going to start a business eventually. We're going to live a normal and boring life", he said.

"Boring? You think spending more time with your family is boring?", asked Malaysia.

"I didn't come here to argue alright. Nobody even said that", said Steven.

Malaysia rolled her eyes and looked to the side.

"Since I cant be romantic and ask you. I guess you can give me your answer now because I'm kinda confused", said Steven. "Malaysia, will you marry me?"

"...Steven...you're out of the game completely right? I mean no affiliation what so ever anymore?", she asked. "Like you've washed your hands away with all of that?"

"That's correct", said Steven.

"...well if that's correct then I will marry you but we can't get married until after I get birth and get my body right. I wanna look good in my wedding pictures", she said.

Steven smiled. "Will do", he said.

"I love you so much", she said.

"I love you more", he replied.

"How about we go out and explore some things", she said.

"Okay. I'm about to use the restroom real quick", he said.

"Okay", Malaysia said.

Steven put his phone on the coffee table, along with his wallet. Then he walked into the bathroom.

Malaysia looked at his phone. She wondered why he had to go outside to talk on the phone.

Malaysia walked to the table and picked his phone up. She sat on the couch as she looked at the phone asking for his passcode. She saw him put it in many times but she didn't care enough to remember it. She went with her first thought it was wrong. She went with her second thought it was wrong too. That's when she tried again and the phone locked itself.

"Shit", said malaysia.

By that time, the toilet flushed and the water from the sink ran.

Malaysia put the phone down and stood up.

Steven walked out of the bathroom.

"Let me call Kelz back real quick and then we can go", said Steven.

"How about we do that once we get in the car", she said as she picked his phone and wallet up.

"No I'm going to do it now, thank you", he said as he took the phone.

As the screen lit up he realized that his phone was locked. A couple of seconds later he was able to put his passcode in before he could open his mouth to ask Malaysia about it.

Steven looked at Malaysia then back at his phone.

"What?", she asked. "Thought you were going outside to talk to Kelz." She said it as if nothing was wrong.

"Yea...I am", he said as he walked past her. "And by the way, if you got a question, ask me", he said without even looking her way.

Malaysia looked away.

Steven walked outside and shut the door. He realized that Malaysia was suspicious about something because she never tried to look through his phone. Well she didn't from what he knew of.

Malaysia sat on the couch and sighed. She felt embarrassed, especially if he didn't have anything to hide.