Chapter 35

After Malaysia's appointment, Steven dropped them off at the house.

"I'll be back. I'm going to go chill with Kelz for a minute", said Steven.

Malaysia kisses him and got out of her car. She got king out of the car before going into the house.

Steven sat there until they got into the house. After that, he left.

Once Steven got to Kelz's house the sat outside and smoked.

"She pregnant again??", asked Kelz.

"Yes", said Steven.

"Damn", said Kelz. "I know you mad."

"Actually I'm not", said Steven. "But I am thinking about things."

"Like what?", asked Kelz as he smoked his blunt.

"...I think I'm going to calm down man", said Steven.

"Calm down how? Stop having all these kids?", asked Kelz.

"Nah man. Being in the streets", said Steven.

"I don't know what that girl put in your head but—"

"The truth", said Steven. "I- I got kids now. I gotta start setting an example."

Kelz shook his head.

"And to be honest...I don't wanna mess things up with Malaysia. She's a good girl. I ain't gonna be young forever. One day im going to get old, I don't wanna be alone", he said. "...so I might as well keep her while I can. She's taking a chance on me. Nobody really has before because they're always worried about what I have...not about who I am as a person. Long story short I really think I found someone for me and I don't wanna lose that. I've been slacking lately and it's time I start being a better man for her and my kids."

"You know what Steven I respect that", said Kelz.

Steven chuckled a little.

"What?", asked Kelz.

"Since when did you call me Steven?", asked Steven.

"Because...you're getting into that mindset where you aren't Trig anymore. I respect that.", said Kelz. "But..as you know you can't just quit the game like that even if you do run shit", said Kelz.

"I was thinking about not quitting fully but just staying out of the way and letting everybody else and you handle things for me.", said Steven. "What I mean by that is I'm still the boss but I just give orders...Malaysia and the kids ain't gotta know and I can still make money. I just gotta have some type of business or job to make it seem like my money is only coming from that but in actuality, I got drug money come in another account"

"That's smart. Keep ya girl happy but still do what you gotta do", said Kelz.

"I know this sounds crazy but I think I'm going to ask her to marry me tomorrow", said Steven.

"Damn Trig, slow down", said Kelz with a chuckle.

"What you mean? If you was with her, you'd understand. I ain't gonna tell you much because you're gonna start having an imagination or whatever but just know. I love that girl to death. I'm tellin ya.", said Steven.

Kelz started laughing.

"Besides I'm tired of these women", said Steven. "Shit getting old fucking around with different girls"

"Man one day you gonna wish you waited", said Kelz. "I'm tellin you"

"Maybe", said Steven. "But not right now"

"Iight. Don't say I ain't tell you so", said Kelz.

(WITH MALAYSIA)

Malaysia is currently looking into the mirror. She had just got done crying after she got off of the phone with her mom. Malaysia told her mom she was pregnant again and her dad over heard. When he got on the phone the conversation went south.

She just wished that her dad would get over it. Going up she always felt like she needed approval from her parents but now that she wasn't getting that it made her feel terrible. As if she was making stupid decision.

Malaysia wiped her tears and walked to the shower and turned the water on. She was still crying a little bit. When she turned around she heard Steven walk into the bedroom. She quickly wiped her tears more and began sniffing. She didn't want to him to see her crying.

"Bae", called Steven as he walked to the bathroom.

"Yea?", she replied.

Steven looked at her and made a face. "You okay?" He asked.

"Yea, I'm fine", she said a smile.

Steven continued to observe her.

"Excuse me. I need to go get a towel", she said.

Steven moved out of her way.

Malaysia went to the hall and grabbed a wash cloth. Then she walked back into the room and then into the bathroom.

"Why you crying?", he asked.

"Nothing", she replied as she started taking off her clothes.

"You crying because you're pregnant?", he asked.

"No", she said.

"So what's up?", he asked as his eyes wondered to her unclothed body.

"My dad...you know how he is. He called me stupid and some other things. I just don't wanna talk about it", said Malaysia.

"...I'm going to do better", said Steven. "I decided to get out of the game and start our life together as average people"

Malaysia looked at him for a moment.

"Really? You mean like no more street stuff and drugs and illegal stuff?", she asked.

"...No more", he replied. "None of that"

Malaysia smiled and this time it was a real smile.

"Thank you", she said.

Steven smiled a little.

"...you wanna join me in the shower?", she asked.

He looked her up and down. "As much as I'd long that I'm going to have to decline. I'll keep an eye on King instead", he said.

"Okay", said Malaysia before getting into the shower.

Steven walked into the room and laid in the bed. He began thinking how he was going to keep his plan a secret.