✑ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏.𝟗

𝙷𝚘𝚐𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚅𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚕𝚎 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍
𝟻:𝟺𝟻 𝚙.𝚖 I

Lily arrived at the designated meeting spot at exactly quarter to six the next day. She stood, dressed in her unassigned suit, with a dagger in her shoe and the gun James had picked for her in her hand. James and Dorcas were now officially late, Lily realized as she watched her watch tick into 5:46 p.m and beyond.

While she waited, she wondered why Potter hadn't bothered to mention which vehicle they'd be taking, simply instructing her to wait in the compound, which happened to be a place she hadn't visited yet. The Vehicle Compound held every type of automobile imaginable: there were countless surveillance vans, vintage cars, sports cars, second-hand lumps of metal that were probably worth pennies, and other cars worth more figures than a phone number.

Just as Lily was getting tempted to get a closer look around, James and Dorcas arrived. Each dressed entirely different to her: Dorcas was wearing a blush pink slip undergarment, and carrying a pair of heels and a dress bag; while James was fully dressed, and immaculately in a pressed suit and tie, his usual glasses were exchanged for silver wired ones, with circular frames and Lily hadn't decided if he suited them better.

"You're late," she said.

"You're early."

"No—"

"Don't squabble," Dorcas pleaded, producing a set of keys that must have been stuck to her garter and tossing them to James, "we're late."

Lily offered the spy leader a smug grin which he ignored as they made their way towards a black surveillance van.

"Where is it exactly we're going?"

"I'll explain on the way, newbie, don't worry. And you'll have to help me get dressed."

She glanced at the dress slung across Cobra's shoulder, then to James' tuxedo, and then her own spy suit. Things were getting more confusing by the second.

"Let's move, ladies!"

"Coming, darling!" Dorcas responded sarcastically, winking at Lily before breaking into a jog until they reached the surveillance van.

●·○·●·○·●

𝚂𝚞𝚛𝚟𝚎𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚅𝚊𝚗
𝟻:𝟻𝟾 𝚙.𝚖 I

"So we're going to a ball?" Lily asked again, once Dorcas had been successfully zipped into a beautiful rose gown and they were successfully driven out the compound by James, now nearly halfway there according to the Ravenclaw technology installed into the van.

"A gala," James corrected but did not elaborate further, leaving that to Dorcas. Instead, he focused on driving which allowed the two girls in the back go discuss the mission.

"A gala," Dorcas confirmed. "It's a charity event of sorts, but one of the big donators has sympathies with the Death Eaters so it's likely we'll find some there. Remus reckons there might be a meeting here too. He was on a recon mission with Petunia a few days ago to the venue."

The mention of Petunia sent Lily's stomach rolling but the adrenaline and excitement of being in the field had no trouble drowning it out. She listened on.

"So our job is to get into this event, not make contact with any suspected Death Eaters but figure out what they're doing, where they're going, and hopefully get eyes on their meeting if Remus is right. But the main goal is to find a blueprint of the latest Death Eater warehouse. We reckon the money from this gala will go towards funding it– at least some of the money."