✑ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓.𝟓

𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝙹𝚎𝚝
𝟿:𝟺𝟺 𝚊.𝚖. I

They didn't waste any time when Marlene called. They woke up abruptly and grabbed three other spies who were available - Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Alice Longbottom.

"Someone has to stay with Neville," Alice reminded her husband when he argued he should be going as well.

They were now riding a private jet that was about to launch.

"Listen, Frank, when morning rises - you know, regular morning for normal people? I want you, Mary, and Peter to search Ophelia's room. I saw Mary's text and she may be on to something. Look for things that have gone missing from the room. Wear gloves," with that advice, Lily sent the voice note.

"We should have done that before," Alice muttered.

"In the rush of things, people tend to forget the things in plain sight," Sirius Black said.

"Are you drunk?"

"No."

"Really?" James asked.

"Yes," Remus answered instead. "Trust me, my boyfriend has this weird habit of saying wise things when he's closer to the world of dreams."

"I can say wise things... all the time..." Sirius Black fell back and started snoring, continuing the beauty sleep that was interrupted for this mission. In the chaotic midst of being a spy, Sirius Black always found a way to gain the amount of beauty sleep he claimed he needed.

"What did Marlene say?" Remus asked.

"Well, she didn't really give anything away, but she did say they found something important," James explained. "The tone indicated we needed to get there as soon as possible."

"How the fuck has he not had enough sleep?" Alice asked.

"Maybe because he didn't get to sleep until two," Remus shrugged. "Give him a couple of minutes to finish eight full hours and then he'll be jolly good."

"That's Britain."

"Shit, we're going to France?!"

"Where were you, Moony?"

"Excuse-moi."

●··●··●

𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚜, 𝙵𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎
𝟷𝟷:𝟹𝟾 𝚊.𝚖. I

They were in the back room of the hotel, all on their own.

"What are we looking at, Puma? Cobra?" Prongs asked the two women. "Because all I'm seeing is receipts."

"Exactly."

"Pardon?"

"The receipts. If you join all the rooms under Ophelia's name, you'll see that she owes this hotel so much money. Probably would hit ten thousand or something."

"Eleven thousand, four hundred and sixty pounds forty," Moony calculated it in his head.

"Thank you, Moony," Falcon nodded. She looked at the two women. "Where are you heading with this?"

"We checked the systems. You know, in order to not miss anything, and I'm glad we did."

"What did you find?"

"We searched each month just to double check if Ophelia has been paying. The payment comes in a month after her stay."

"Someone is working on her side."

"Always has been and we suspect they're still here. Ever since Ophelia has been working with us at Hogwarts, there has only been one person who has worked that long in this hotel."

"A DE?"

"They had things planned out, after all," James muttered.

"So while we fucking paid from our own, she was let go?!" Sirius exclaimed.

"A sick joke from them, Padfoot, yes, but that's not our focus now," Cobra reminded. "The other thing is that later, the money... I don't know, it seems taken back."

"Is this hotel owned by a Death Eater or a sympathetic party?"

"That's the thing, we can't tell," Puma shrugged. "We've asked to see the boss, but nobody seems to know who that is, so I won't be surprised if either of those were true."

"Ophelia's little ratty friend? Did you find out who that is?"

"She's been here the entire time, behind us all along," Puma stood up to turn on more lights, revealing the woman behind her.

"We brought her in so we can interrogate her."
Puma grinned and turned to look back at the tied-up woman. She ended up cursing the death-eaters in the multiple languages she knows.

The possible Death Eater/Death Eater friend was tied up and dead. Dead because of her own devices. Dead just like the other Death Eater in a recent mission to France.

"It's as if they know what is going on and the first action of their protocol is to kill themselves," Remus Lupin mused.

"Those bastards would rather die than go against their own organization."

"You would do the same thing, Puma," Prongs reminded. "We all would because we're loyal to Hogwarts. Just like they are loyal to Riddle and his gang."

"How come we haven't met Snape yet? That is one suicide I won't be angry about," Puma crossed her arms. "Snivellius should end up dead."

"Snivellius will end up dead one day," Lily Evans assured. "I probably made sure - back in college - he won't be able to sire any children. So, let's hope he's also the last of his line. No Snape is a good Snape."

"Yes, one-hundred percent agree," Hunter nodded, having been on the mission of chasing Tobias Snape. Alice pitied his wife if she was still alive. Last she heard, Eileen Prince was fatally ill.

"Once is a coincidence, but there is no way twice is," Padfoot shook his head. "It's like Remy said, it's their first action of the protocol. Don't know how they do it, though."

Marlene's second phone - the one that the hotel gave her, which was meant for work - rang. She picked it up and dropped it the next second.

"Marly?"

"Better luck next time," Marlene spat what was told to her on the phone. "It was that bitch!"

"Shhh," Dorcas Meadows held her girlfriend as she shoved her head in Dorcas's neck out of frustration. "It's tiring, I know."

Lily got closer to James.
"We've got to go home. I don't like the vibe here, especially if there's a possibility a death eater could be the owner of this place and it's been under our noses the entire time."

"Agreed," James nodded. He looked down at her. "Any news from the trio?"

Before Lily could answer, her phone rang with a text.

"Yeah," she sighed, in a small victory, after she read the text. "Wormtail says Mary was right."

"Then let's go home. Now, people!"

●··●··●