✑ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒.𝟑

𝙿𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚘𝚌𝚔'𝚜 𝚁𝚘𝚘𝚖
𝟾:𝟶𝟽 𝚙.𝚖. I

"You're pregnant," Petunia studied her sister, mostly the stomach she knew would grow over the next few months.

"Yes, why are you protective all of a sudden?"

Petunia thought if she could avoid the question, but it was inevitable at this point.
"Have I ever told you about my pregnancy?"

"Don't tell me I have a secret nephew you kept from me."

"You were, but things got in the way."

The redhead understood the word without it having to be spoken out loud: miscarriage.
"How?"

"One of my missions was that I had to fall in love with the enemy. As I got closer, he got nicer and my heart betrayed me. He felt like the guy of my dreams, and I should have known it to be a coincidence. No one is perfect. Anyway, so, I fell in love. Weeks passed by and the strangest thing happens. I get pregnant. It was a possible event, but I wanted it to be impossible. With time, I started wanting the baby while the bastard Vernon started showing his actual true colors. He has his little organization of bad guys, too, I've learned after a while. I didn't want my child to grow up in the life his father dreamed for him. He didn't like that and made sure I end up in an accident. I survived, obviously, but the child didn't."

Lily hugged her sister, both women having unshed tears in their eyes. For Petunia, they started to slowly fall down her cheeks and she wiped them away.

"Lily, my advice? Tell Mom and Dad."

"They won't like it... it's Mom and Dad!"

"Better than keeping it a secret. If I told them, then I might have a four-year-old son by now."

"Tuney..."

"Don't say you're sorry. It's part of the past now."

"You think I should tell them?" Lily circled back to her sister's advice.

"And sign the pregnancy leave. You and Alice."

"So you know about Alice."

"Alice is a married woman. Everyone would know it is a huge possibility for her to get pregnant. Especially since her honeymoon was recent."

Lily raised an eyebrow.

"I am not saying it's impossible for an unmarried woman to get pregnant, it's just that... I didn't think you out of all people would make the mistake."

"It isn't a mistake," Lily muttered.

"I don't mean it like that."

"Then what?" Lily looked tired, but she awaited her sister's response.

"I just didn't think my sister would be someone who fell in love and got pregnant at eighteen, but I guess everything is possible in life now."

●·○·●·○·●

𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 & 𝚃𝚒𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚁𝚘𝚘𝚖
𝟸:𝟸𝟷 𝚙.𝚖. I

"I told you our place could be next," Alice smiled as she placed down the refreshments. "Since it's lunch, and it's almost done, no need for some appetizers. Yes, Sirius, you can wait too."

"Damn it," Sirius gulped his glass contents in one gulp.

"So, what happened with Pet?" Dorcas decided to ask.

"She just advised that we tell my parents and sign the pregnancy leave papers," said Lily. "Is there such a thing?"

"Pregnancy leaves are not optional, especially after the Heads know a spy is pregnant. It is a must, especially when three months have passed and it is one-hundred percent confirmed. It's a short process, but it guarantees mothers-to-be a moment for themselves and their child," James explained.

"How long does it last?"

"Until the child is at least three months old. It's up to the spy and her family."

"Huh," Lily nodded.

"I think I agree with Petunia," Marlene spoke up. "Not only for you but also Alice."

"Alice already decided she'd take it," the woman answered for herself. "Good thing most of my Ravenclaw work can be done inside these walls, so I don't have to worry."

They all laughed with the hostess, but one seemed nervous with her laugh.

"We can talk about it later," James whispered in her ear, playing with her palm which oddly started relaxing her. "For now, have fun."

"Sounds like a good plan."

●·○·●·○·●

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚖 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙵𝚊𝚜𝚝'𝚜 𝚁𝚘𝚘𝚖
𝟿:𝟶𝟶 𝚙.𝚖. I

"Do I look good?" he asked her, his tone filled with nerves.

"You look fine," she held his hands. "You've met and interacted with my parents before."

"Ever since you joined, your father has had a sudden urge to want to kill me. I suspect your mother does too, but she knows how to hide her true feelings much better than your dad."

"I won't tell him," Erica Evans greeted the two.

"How long has this door been open?" asked James as Erica Evans embraced him.

"Oh, don't worry, I definitely did not see the kiss you two had to calm your nerves."

"Shit. Great."

That made Erica Evans laugh. She bought the two teenagers inside and led them to the living room, a place where truths always seemed to unravel from their complicated knots.

"Dad here?"

"What news do you have?"

"Something I'd rather tell both of you together in order to not repeat anything."

"He should be here soon. He went to get us some wine to start the night with. Just a little bit though."

"Never was much of a drunk, ma'am."

"You can call me Erica, James,"

"I'd prefer it if you still called me sir or Director. Mr. Evans would also be good," Christopher Evans arrived at the scene with a bottle of wine in one hand.

"Ignore my protective husband."

"No, don't ignore me. I'm very important."

"Dad," Lily warned.

"Oh, just sip some wine that your mother forced me to get."

"I can't."

"Why?" Christopher Evans inspected his daughter.

"You're pregnant," Erica Evans put down her glass, realizing what was going on.

"You're going to be grandparents!" Lily did some jazz hands with the most nervous smile on her face. "Heh."

Erica sat there shocked. Christoper glared at James Potter, definitely wondering about many ways how to kill him without necessarily breaking any promises. Lily Evans wanted the chaos to be over.
And James Potter? Well, he wished the ground would swallow him alive.

●·○·●·○·●

𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝙶𝚛𝚢𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚛 𝙾𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚎
𝟷𝟸:𝟺𝟻 𝚊.𝚖. I

Both Lily Evans and Alice Longbottom decided to do this together. After all, they would enjoy the adventure of pregnancy together, so this decision only seemed logical.

"Ready?"

"No."

"It will be fine," Alice assured.

"Will miss the missions, but anything to keep the next generation safe."

"Exactly!"

They entered the Head of Gryffindor's office with the plan of signing the pregnancy leave papers. For the upcoming year or so, both female spies would not step foot on the field in order to protect their babies.

●·○·●·○·●