Chapter 12

Wilbur's POV

TW: Weapons, fighting/training

I watched as Tubbo pulled an axe out of the pile, Tommy picked a crossbow, and Ranboo picked out two matching daggers used for dual wielding.

"Good choices." I said approvingly, making all of their faces brighten. I then picked out some dual wielding daggers, an axe and a crossbow out of the pile. Along with a sword for myself.

"Okay people. Come with me." I instructed, strutting to the forest nearby.

"So first. Ranboo, I want you to inspect those daggers. Learn their personality. Figure them out."

"Figure them out?"

"Well honestly I just want you to sit there for a second. Tubbo really just needs to swing his axe at the tree until he can get it in one swing. Tommy needs to figure out how to load and shoot a crossbow and so I need to teach him to do that. Whereas you, I also need to personally teach. So you can't really do anything just yet. Except inspect the blade." I said making, all three of them laugh.

So Ranboo pulled the daggers out of the sheath and began to closely inspect them. Meanwhile I walked a bit away with Tommy. (E/N knives are pretty) (A/N They really are I saw a pretty pocket knife today)

"So, Tommy, what you want to do first is load the crossbow. So see this steel bit here at the front?" He nodded.

"That's called the cocking stirrup. I want you to put that on the ground and then put your foot through it. Yes like that. Perfect. Now orient your cocking ropes like this." I demonstrated. (E/N cocking. Lmao)

He did it perfectly. He was a natural at this. I was rather surprised if I was being honest.

"Now put the middle of the cocking rope into the groove. This will tighten the rope as you pull."

"Now, place these hooks on the bow string on either side of the barrel. Make sure they're facing away from you. Now pull the ropes slightly so the handles are even with each other, okay?"

Tommy nodded and did it perfectly.

"Pull back in one forceful motion until you hear two or three clicks. This means the bowstring is cocked and in the ready position. You following so far?"

"Yep! You're explaining this really well."

"That's good. Now I want you to place the fletching side of the bolt into the barrel grove first, and then the rest of the bolt. If you don't do it like this it will damage the bow because the bolt won't be placed, or nocked, against the bowstring right."

Tommy nodded.

"Now slide the bolt back until it's firmly seated in against the bow string. Now when you're ready take an athletic position (A/N that's a real thing look it up) and aim the bow towards that tree over there. Take a few deep breaths and pull the trigger."

Tommy did exactly what I said taking a few deep breaths before pulling the trigger hitting the tree dead on.

"That was wonderful! So keep doing and practicing that but use this crossbow wax on the bowstrings every few shots to keep the strings from drying out as well as decrease the chances of the bow breaking."

Suddenly we heard a loud crack. We looked over to see Tubbo standing next to a fallen tree. He looked at us and grinned. "It only took two swings!"

(E/N pop off kings [and Boo, for inspecting the knives so well 😌])