Two

Strength

Strength.

How strong is a person?

For how long can a person keep fighting?

I always thought that I was strong, since my mother died I had to be strong, I had to take care of myself. After all, I didn't have anyone else. My parents were both only children, so there were never any uncles, aunts, or cousins. My grandparents died before I was born.

That's why I've been alone since my mother's death.

Since that day, I have done everything I can to stay strong, to face life head-on, however challenging it may be.

But all the strength, all the fight I had in me disappeared.

I feel lost.

Unhappy.

Dormant.

I feel like I'm in such a deep dark hole that I don't think I can get out of there.

I was happy.

When there was only Andrea in my life I was happy, when the others showed up I was even happier. And when I was with Niccolo I was over the moon. I felt complete with him, I felt happy, protected, cared for, and most importantly I felt loved.

I felt special.

I didn't care if it was too fast or too soon.

But good things never last long and it's quite true. I never thought I'd fall in love so quickly, I didn't expect that to happen, much less with him. We hated each other, and even though the line between love and hate is thin,  I never expected to cross it.

And out of nowhere, we became husband and wife.

We can't deny how quickly things happened, then we shared that night, the best night of my life, until just a few months later.

Well, it looks like papa was right.

I got pregnant by Niccolo that night, doesn't it look like a scene from a book? There are so many couples trying to get pregnant and it takes them forever and we didn't even talk about it or think of it and, bam, it happened.

I'm not sorry or I regret it, I just wish things had turned out differently.

No baby should go through what she went through in so little time of her life.

When Marcello had confirmation that the marriage between me and Niccolo was real he lost his mind, and when my belly started to grow with the confirmation of my pregnancy he got even worse.

It's been 14 months since we fled the ship, 14 months full of turmoil, 14 horrible months, many times I thought I was going to die, many times I wanted to die.