Sixteen

Today might be the day, the day that I finally get my baby back, I know that it was barely three days without her but it feels like an eternity

Today might be the day, the day that I finally get my baby back, I know that it was barely three days without her but it feels like an eternity. Also now that I'm here with Niccolo and the other I want to see her with them.

I'm sure that not even an hour must have passed but my nerves are killing me.

"Calm down sweetheart." Mama said from beside me.

"I can't, I can feel my whole body shake."

"If you don't stop when the doctor comes I will tell her to give you something."

"No, I will try to keep calm. Do you think they will find her? What if she's hurt? Or if she's not there? What if she doesn't remember me anymore?" I said getting more worried and nervous but mom just shook her head.

"Positive thoughts, cara."

"You're right. They will find her, she will be alright, she will remember me." I said and kept repeating those words in my head. There was a knock on the door and mama got up to open and a doctor came in.

Today she would check my wounds, and see how everything is healing. Honestly, I think I don't know how hurt I really am, I mean I do feel the pain, but with all that's been happening, I didn't pay attention to my body.

I guess that it's true what they say, doctors are the worst patients.

"Hello, how are you feeling today?" She asked, she seemed nice, brown hair and kind brown eyes, she doesn't look older than 40. I wonder how she started working for Niccolo? Does she know about the mafia?

"I can't really answer that question, so far I didn't pay attention to my body and my mind is all over the place."

"It's understandable. Do you want to talk first or can I check your wounds?"

"Wounds first, please."

"Do you want me to get out?" Mama asked.

"No, stay. Can I see my chart?"

"I don't think you will understand what's in it." The doctor said.

"I will." I simply answered, she looked between me and mama and finally gave me the file.

Concussions.

Cuts.

Infections.

Bruises.

X-rays where I could see all the bones that were once broken, now healing.

Vaginal laceration.

And more.

"How many stitches?" I asked.

"Tape on most of the cuts, back in total were 20 in different places. Four on your shoulders, because we needed to open after we saw the bullet in the bone." She said, but her information was incomplete.