Chapter 3

Another big part of Louis' measly life is soccer.

He couldn't play it himself anymore because of the massive lack of time. Yet he still couldn't let it behind. So what would be more appropriate than teaching soccer to the next generation? Little girls and boys who loved this sport as much as Louis.

He loved it.

Their little shrill screams every time they made a goal. Them running to Louis to hug him with too much joy for a such small human beings.

Every Tuesday he stands beside the field and screams encouraging words at the kids. Sometimes he would attend the games on Saturday too but only if he could convince how fun soccer is. Sadly they didn't buy it very often.
Luckily he had his co-coach Stan to watch the kids. They played in the same team in middle school until Stan broke his kneecap (very very painful btw) and well... Louis became a full time parent for his sisters.
He missed playing football with his mates beside him but he had to make important decisions. Football was just not important enough at the end.
And being a coach is at least paid.

*

"AMY! RUN FASTER YOU NEED TO KEEP UP!", Louis screamed across the field.
Amy fastened her pace.
"Good!"

"Everything okey?", Stan asked. Worried eyes glaring down at Louis. He knelt. Clasped hands resting on his bent legs.
"Yeah, yeah just a little bit stressed."
Louis was way too distracted to really paying attention anyways.

He thought about last night.
About him breaking down in bed? No.
About Harry Styles looking at him? Yep.
I mean he didn't care but still... what was going on with this little arrogant frog on two legs?
Was he thinking: "Oh look at this poor nothing. Stealing my air." ?
He didn't think about something nice. Louis knew it
A rich boy looking at him, looking in his soul, couldn't be something good.

"Louis? Louis?!"

Louis looked up. "What?"
"I was talking to you. For five minutes. Did you hear anything I said?", Stan questioned.
"No. Not really." Louis let his eyes wander to the kids again. The blue team just made a goal.
"And you're sure you're good?"
"Yep.", Louis let the "p" plop and tried to stay in the present. No arrogant frog allowed in his head.

*

He nearly fell asleep while driving back home after work. He urgently needed more sleep. Argh. He parked the car, sat back and needed to have a second for himself. Silence. He rubbed his eyes and as he opened them again everything was a little blurry. Sleep yeah... yeah.

No no he...
... he needs to make dinner first and do to the laundry and bring the twins in bed and he still had to make his homework.
Shit.
Talking of school, he writes an history exam tomorrow. He totally forgot that. Or he suppressed it. The second one is more likely though.

He stepped out of the car and closed the door.
He has everything under control.

*

"Could you please bring the twins in bed, Fizzy?" Louis was tired. Fucking exhausted.
"Okey! I'll go to bed myself afterwards! Good night LouLou!" , she gave him a kiss on the cheek and rushed out of the room.
"Daisy! Phoebe! Come! It's time to go to bed! I'll read you something!"
Excited squeals followed her words.

Homework. Yay!

*

At 1 am Louis fell asleep too.

*

"Let's go to a party together! I really need some alcohol again."
Zayn saying this was very... expected. Louis was even wondering why it took him so long to make the proposal. Zayn went to every party in the town. Whether he was invited or not didn't matter. He got in.
"I can't sorry mate. You know how hectic everything is.", Louis wanted to go to a party too DONT misunderstand him. But he simply can't.
"You need this! You have too much in your little head! Let go, just one time!"
"Who's head do you call 'little'? It's massive! I'm a genius! G-E-N-I-U-S."
Zayn sighed. "Okey good but I will convince you to go with me! That's a promise!"
"If you say so."

No chance he's going to a party.

*

He's going to a party.

And that's not even the worst.

He's going to a Richie Rich party. Means... he's going to a party surrounded by rich boys who look down at him.
He already hates it.
Maybe you wonder: "Why would he go to this party if he hates it so much?"

Louis is wondering the same.
But apparently Liam got invited to one since he's going to the same school as them.
Liam invited Louis and as much as he hates these parties, he misses Liam more.
They don't have much time to meet up since Liam is a nerd who needs to keep his scholarship and Louis is a full time brother.
He's doing all this shit for Liam.

*

So obviously Louis isn't very happy as he arrived at his third job. His favourite job.
The music studio.

He works as an assistant for Nick Grimshaw.
But sometimes Nick wanted to know his opinion or let him do play some music himself. He LOVED it.
Music has always been his passion. He dreams of becoming a big name in the music industry even if it's very unlikely. It's the only thing he allows himself to be hopeful about. And he works hard on it.

The first thing he does is to drop by Nick just to update himself about his progress.
"Louis! My man!" Nick treats him like a friend and Louis is very grateful to be worth it.
"You have to hear this!" He instantly felt heavy headphones sitting on top of his ears. Loud music is coming out of them.

It's good. It really is. But something misses.

Louis tried to keep his fingers to himself before they start fiddling on the buttons in front of him. He glared at Nick. Sending him his "can I try something" look. Nick nodded, leaned back at the wall and watched him. A small smile resting on his lips.

Louis was completely in his element. Everything felt right, every move felt predetermined. An incredible feeling. All the music rushing through his blood. Filling his lungs.

After a while he opened his eyes and looked at the studio wall. He must have closed them when he listened to the final product the first time. Perfect. it's per-fect.
"Let me hear it." Nick set a hand on his left shoulder and took another pair of headphones for himself. Nick's opinion was very very important for Louis. Damn! What if he doesn't like it? What if it's shit?

He watched Nick nod to the music. A smile sat tight on his lips. That's a good sign, isn't it?

"I hate you." What?! "How is it possible that you're  more talented than me even if I'm in this business for years?!" What?
Nick must have seen his confusion cause he said: "You heard right kid. I predict you a big career."
Nick left the room. Louis is still sitting in chair more confused than before.

What?!

That was maybe the best day of Louis' life.

Completely forgetting about the upcoming party.

Vote and comment!