CHAPTER 7

Rishi Katyayan, a renowned scholar of grammar and mathematics, was performing yagya to please Mata Parvati. He had been childless for a long time and desired a daughter.

And it seemed as though as his penance bore fruit as from the yagya a divine entity emerged. Rishi Katyayan opened her eyes as was taken aback seeing Mata Parvati not in her sober form but in a fierce one.

She had 8 hands, each of them carried a weapon. Her divine body was dressed in fiery red and adorned with gold jewellery from head to toe.

Her face radiated energy of the entire universe, her eyes were filled with Kajal that extended till the temples of her forehead.

Her third eye was open and her forehead was decorated with designs of chandan and adored with red Bindi. The parting of her big wavy hair was heavily decked in sindoor.

The only thing sober about her today was the sweet smile adorning her fiery red lips. Rishi Katyayan bowed to her as tears fell from his eyes witnessing the divinity of the feminine.

The gods and goddesses from Vaikunth, to Brahmalok to Kailash to Chaitanya lok to Swarglok, couldn't help but offer flowers on her. The Mahayug has never witnessed such divinity.

"Rishi Katyayan, aapki tapasya ne hume prasann kiya hai. Vardaan maange." She said.

"Hey Mata ! Hey Jagadamba ! Meri iccha hai aapko putri ke roop mei prapt karna, mujhe keval yahi chahiye." Rishi Katyayan said.

"Tathastu ! Mai aapki putri, Katyayani ke roop mei aapke saath rahungi." She blessed.

A blinding light emerged from her causing Rishi Katyayan to close his eyes. When he opened them back, he saw a young and beautiful girl around the age of 5.

"Pitashree." She muttered in her sweet voice.

More tears fell from his eyes as he cupped her face. He instantly took her into his embrace, he finally had a daughter, his Katyayani.

Not only him, someone else's penance were also about to bore fruits. The son of Danav-raj Rambh, Mahishasur was doing penance to obtain a boon from Brahmadev.

Finally pleased by his austerities, the creator god appeared in front of him. Mahishasur was overjoyed seeing that his penance bore fruit.

"Mujhe vardaan dijiye Brahmadev !" Mahishasur demanded.

"Kya maangte ho Mahishasur ?" Brahmadev asked.

"Mujhe amritva ka vardaan de." Mahishasur said.

"Asambhav. Yeh prakriti ke niyamo ke virudh hai. Kuch aur maango." Brahmadev said.

Mahishasur fell into thinking, directly or indirectly he has to get amritva somehow from Brahmadev.

"Uchit hai. Mujhe vardaan de ki na dev, na danav, na Daitya, na Rakshas, na manushya, na pashu, na yaksh, na gandharv, na kinnar, kisi bhi yoni ka purush mujhe maar na sake !" Mahishasur said.

"Tathastu !" Brahmadev blessed and disappeared in thin air.

Thinking that he had gotten Amritva, Mahishasur started laughing loudly.

"Dekha tumne Indra ! Maine Amritva ko prapt kar liya ! Ab shigreh hi mai tumhara singhasan bhi prapt karlunga !" Mahishasur yelled at the sky.

Looking down at him, the gods of swarg got worried. Brahmadev had indirectly given him Amritva but little did they know that a few moments back the all-mother had taken the form of Katyayani just because of this.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

ॐ देवी कात्यायन्यै नम:

Mata Durga has taken the her avatar of Katyayani ! Mahishasur will now be slayed !! 🙏🙏🙏

The sixth form of Nav durga is Mata Katyayani.

Mata Durga is depicted with 8 hands but her avatar of Mata Katyayani may be depicted with 4, 10 or sometimes even 18 hands !

She is associated with the Ajna Chakra of the body which is none other than the third eye.

TOH BOL MARI AMBE ! JAI JAI AMBE !
BOL MARI AMBE ! JAI JAGADAMBE !