Broken chains

Leslie, Aviana, and Keith used to be a trio. Not until something broke it. They had a perfect friendship anyone could ever have. Even if two of the people in the group has an illness, Leslie tried her best to motivate them to survive another day.

A few years ago - (they're all 9 years old)

Sitting on a chair in the waiting room, alone, a redhead approached the black-haired little girl, Leslie. She was looking down, avoiding eye contact with the red-head.

"Are you lost?" The red-head, Aviana asked.

"No, I'm just waiting for my Dad to come back" Leslie replied, Aviana noticed her arm sling. It seems like she must've been in a horrible accident.

"Avi! There you are!" A little boy with black hair and a red tip on the front, Keith, runs over to them. "Oh, Who's this?" he asks.

"I didn't get her name yet, she looked so lonely here, can we stay?" Aviana looked at Keith.

"I don't see anything wrong about that, okay." He sat down beside Leslie.

"When is your Dad gonna come back?" the redhead curiously asked, sitting down on the other chair beside Leslie. The black-haired little girl shrugged.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your arm?" Keith politely asks

"I fell off the monkey bars..." Leslie answered.

Before they continue their conversation, a nurse walked up to Leslie and whispered to her ear. "your dad is looking for you" she said.

The little girl stands up and waved goodbye to the two little angels she met. Aviana stood up, "I HOPE WE SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!" she yelled, Leslie turned around and gave her a wide smile.

A month has been passed since they've met, Leslie was playing on the sand box with her teddy bear