Epilogue

Epilogue

"No! No, no, no!" Fleur said, grabbing Teddy by his armpits and lifting him up from the ground as he produced a pile of sand in the living room, bringing a fistful to his mouth. "Teddy!"

"It's fine," Bill said. "It's just sand. Every kid eats sand."

I laughed as Fleur glared at him, setting Teddy on her hip as she used her wand to clean up the sand.

"He obviously likes sand if he keeps making it," Bill continued.

"That does not mean he should eat it," she scolded. "When we have our baby, they will not be eating sand, William, no matter how much they might like it."

Bill shrugged his shoulders and smiled at his pregnant wife as she carried Teddy out of the living room of the Burrow.

"She's going to tell on me," he said, "I just know it." He stood and rushed after Fleur.

"So," Charlie said from beside me, "when are you going to tell Mum?"

"Why do I have to tell her?" I said, looking at him.

"Because she won't believe me if I tell her," he said.

"Maybe we can just send her a little greeting card with a date on it," I said.

"Y/N."

"What?"

"We can't do that."

"She's going to obsess," I argued.

"Arguing about who's going to tell Mum you two are engaged?" I looked up to see Percy standing before us.

"What?" I spluttered. "What do you mean, engaged?"

"I think it's pretty obvious you two are sitting on something," he said and smiled. "And you have a new ring."

"Shut your mouth. Did I ask you to Sherlock your way into the conversation?" I asked as he sat down across from us.

"I just noticed, and Mum will too if you don't tuck your ring away," Percy said and shrugged his shoulders, laughing when I threw a pillow at him.

"I don't want to tell her because then she'll be planning a wedding and I simply cannot handle that," I said.

"Someone has to plan it," Charlie said. "Because we haven't gotten very far."

"I told you what I wanted," I said.

"No, you told me you didn't want Bill there," Charlie said and smiled. "That's all you've said and that's not happening."

"I tell you, you agree to marry a guy and he doesn't even let you uninvite his own brother. Disgusting," I said and wrinkled my nose, scooting away from him on the couch.

"Bill's not invited?" Percy asked.

"Yes, he is," Charlie said.

At the same time, I said, "no, he'll make fun of me and a wedding is already mortifying enough."

Percy laughed as Bill came back into the room.

"I'm in trouble," Bill said and sat beside Percy. "What's funny?"

"Percy, no!" I hissed.

"Y/N just said-"

I lunged across the room and forcefully covered Percy's mouth, shrieking when he licked my hand.

"Percy!"

"She doesn't want you to come to her wedding," Percy said as he wrestled against me.

"If you ever get married, I'm going to be your damn maid of honor," Bill said. "Are you getting married?" he asked after a beat, leaning forward with wide eyes.

"Stop!" I said as Percy pushed me onto the ground.

"She is," Percy said.

"Charles!" Bill yelled, standing to clap his hand on his younger brother's shoulder. "Finally convinced her?"

"Stop before your mom hears!" I said as Percy threw a pillow at me.

"Mum!" Bill called, "come here!"

"Bill, stop it!" I said and grabbed his arm, pulling him onto the ground with me.

"Mum!"

"Charlie, help me," I said and sat on Bill's chest, grabbing his arms.

"Someone has to tell her and if you don't-" Charlie began.

"Charlie!" I yelled, looking at him with shock as he grabbed my arms and pulled me away from Bill.

"Someone has to tell her," he said with a grin, tumbling onto the ground with me pinned under him.

"What is going on?" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed as she came into the living room, seeing me and her two eldest sons wrestling on the ground.

"They're being mean to me," I said as Charlie grabbed my arm to keep me away from Bill.

"Mum, Y/N has something to tell you," Bill said, swatting my hands away.

"What on Earth is-" Mrs. Weasley fell silent, her eyes on me. "Is that-?"

I looked down and saw the ring hanging out of my shirt.

The room fell into silence as Mrs. Weasley looked between Charlie and me. Charlie nodded with a smile. Mrs. Weasley smiled and rushed over to us, kneeling to hug Charlie and me tightly with a thrilled giggle.

"We have to start planning!" she said as she pulled away.

"Mum, it's going to be really small," Charlie said. "Just a few people."

"I have to go take dinner out of the oven," she said and stood, "but this conversation is not over."

I watched as she hurried away before lying back on the ground.

"You guys all suck," I said and laughed.

"You're finally going to be my sister," Bill said and laughed triumphantly.

"We'll have to change your picture frame to 'Best Brother', I guess," I said to Percy.

"Uh, immediately no," Bill interjected. I listened with a smile as they argued about who was the best brother.

"See, it wasn't that bad," Charlie said quietly from where he sat on the floor beside me.

"I guess it wasn't all that bad," I admitted and leaned into him. "I'm a little excited. That's so uncharacteristic for me."

Charlie laughed. "Well, I'm more than a little excited."

"Hey, hey! The party's here!" Fred said as he entered the living room with George following after him. "Why is everyone on the floor? What did we miss?"

and that concludes 'love burns'! hope you guys enjoyed it!!

If you're interested in my next project, I'm writing a Remus Lupin X Reader fanfiction called 'Ad Infinitum'. It's loosely based on my Harry Potter smut chapter 'Teacher's Assistant'. It follows an aspiring Latin teacher from the U.S. who accepts a job as a teacher's assistant at Hogwarts after unsuccessfully applying just about everywhere to be a Latin teacher. She's a very sweet character and she gets flustered very easily, unlike our Y/N from the 'Playing with Fire' series, and I'm really enjoying writing it. I hope I'll see some of you there when updates begin on March 4th!