Voices

Blood seeped swiftly to the ground- although the blood was nothing that the raven let slip into his mind. Thousands of voices screamed at him- taunted him- laughed at him- but yet they were all in his head with the only goal of mocking and feasting upon the raven's fear. And they were.

His head pounded- intolerable pain as the voices mixed. His wrists were covered in marks from the bottom of his wrists to merely his shoulder. He wanted the voices to hush- try and ease their ruckus with his own pain. It didn't work. He tried slamming his head against the wall- over and over again. It also didn't ease them- and he knew he'd be left for nothing with only the voices and the consuming darkness.

Naofumi hadn't noticed that his door was open revealing a tall blond in the doorframe- who stared at him with a confused, but nonetheless concerned look. The blond paced further into the room to come to the raven's aid. Motoyasu crouched down before him- reaching a hand out to the quaking male who still hadn't noticed him.

Motoyasu gently placed a hand on Naofumi's leg- now catching his attention. Motoyasu bit his lip- not noticing the blood that mixed with his black bangs, tears, and fair skin. Naofumi attempted to lean closer to the shelf he was pressed up against but could only tense as he watched the blond like a hawk- eyes glued to the familiar figure.

"Naofumi- what the hell happened?" Motoyasu asked gently- trying not to show his own fear. Naofumi- one he'd made friends with in Melromarc was a commonly happy and outgoing person. To see him so fragile and eaten away- it almost felt sickening.

"G-get out! Get out!" Naofumi screamed, dipping his head more. Both fell merely silent- now the only noise to waken the room being the quiet whimpers and sobs that escaped Naofumi- and the cough every here and there as he struggled to breathe.

"Naofumi...Please...Tell me what's wrong?" Motoyasu whispered. No response. The raven simply dug his face deeper into his knees- wrapping his arms around as if to protect himself. Motoyasu scooted beside Naofumi- their shoulders skimming over one another.

Motoyasu raised a hand, letting his hand go over Naofumi's chin. Without a struggle, Motoyasu moved Naofumi's head to look his way, though the raven's eyes still darted away. "Naofumi- I hate seeing you like this... The bleeding needs to be dealt with and I want to help you with whatever you're struggling with," Motoyasu began. Naofumi finally locked eyes with him- his usual bright green eyes now duller than a monochrome sky- full of pure emptiness and at a demise.

"I just want to help you- I can-"

Before Motoyasu could finish his statement- Naofumi was quivering- filled with fright. "You...You can't help- Just leave," Naofumi cried- gritting his teeth. Naofumi pushed Motoyasu- as if to put in effort- but the blond's arm only made a slight movement. Naofumi tensed- head once again hung down low as if shameful for an action he'd committed.

Motoyasu turned his body to fully face the male- and let out a shaky breath. The blond pulled Naofumi forward- pulling him into a firm and tight hug. Naofumi's breath tickled against his neck- and he could already feel tears falling onto his own skin and clothing. Motoyasu ran a hand along Naofumi's back- his other hand ruffling through Naofumi's hair.

Silence filled the air. It wasn't a tense silence- but both knew the other wanted to say something- anything- but neither knew what... And both parties wanted to put no pressure upon the other. Naofumi just simply dug his face into Motoyasu's neck- crying- unable to help it. The voices were easing- the pain was becoming fainter- but when had someone cared so much to hold him and ask him what was troubling him? Had anyone ever really bothered, and would anyone really want to?

"T-thank you..." Naofumi mumbled, his arms tightening around the blond's waist- almost afraid to speak- afraid of a reaction.

"For...What?" Motoyasu replied. Motoyasu didn't need a thank you- or a prize for something so simple- something he should have done anyway. All he wanted was to see Naofumi okay once more- to see him with a smile on his face. Motoyasu didn't want a thank you- not at all.

"I-I'm just happy you decided to stay...Even though I told you to leave...I'm...I was scared to be alone...I...I was kind of hoping you'd come, and you did!" Naofumi chuckled- although his chuckles meant no source of happiness- just hidden darkness that still chewed away at him.

"Of course, I'd stay...You're not okay, and I wouldn't leave you like this," Motoyasu replied.

"I...I was hearing voices- millions of voices- mocking me...." Naofumi began- his voice quieter than the faint whisper of wind. "I thought hurting myself would ease it- it d-didn't... I tried to use a new shield in my curse series that I didn't recognize...I-I didn't know this is what it did-" Naofumi chuckled once more- still extinct happiness.

"Voices...?" Motoyasu questioned- more talking to himself than anything. Motoyasu narrowed his bright orange eyes- sorrowful for the sobbing raven. "Hey- It'll all be okay soon...I can't even imagine what you're suffering through right now- I just don't want you hurting yourself again." Motoyasu began. He planted a small kiss on the raven's head- as if they were in a relationship. "I promise I'll always be here for you if you're going through this. Is there any way I can help ease them, or should I just hold you and try my best to comfort you?" Motoyasu asked.

"Just...Just overall having you near me is okay," Naofumi stammered. "They're easing the longer you hold me- t-that's all I need," Naofumi mumbled, letting one of his hands slide up Motoyasu's back. The blond's warm aura- kind words and soothing motions were all Naofumi needed- even if the voices weren't dead silent.

"A-alright," Motoyasu stammered- feeling his heart skip a beat as Naofumi spoke. "I'll carry you over to the bathroom, you need to be bandaged...Come on." Motoyasu wrapped a hand around Naofumi's leg- another still pressed along his back. He carefully stood up- gracefully sauntering over to the bathroom- an eye on the raven and his distant green eyes.

~~~~

Motoyasu smirked- unable to help it. The raven laid on him- head gently resting on his chest. Finally, the raven was at ease- a soft breath escaping his lips every few moments- and some calming dream playing in his head. Motoyasu had a hand resting in the raven's hair- playing with the soft fluff.

Bandages now covered the raven's wrists and his forehead- the bleeding dying down drastically. Motoyasu felt his eyes narrow- growing helplessly tired from the warmth of Naofumi and the late night hours passing by. Motoyasu only had two goals. All he wanted was to protect Naofumi as best he could- and to keep that warm, kind smile on Naofumi's face.

Welcome to random shit I write for no goddamn reason :D anyway, Ima try to be a little more active on here T-T👍👍 Hope you all have a good day :)