Chapter 21

Demetria woke up to the light of morning streaming in through the window. She yawned softly and stretched, looking around at the room. She rubbed her eyes and sat up, the blanket that was laying on her, falling off of her chest and pooling into a ball in her lap.

    “Good morning.” Sebastian said, pulling on his coat. Demetria looked up at him slightly and smiled softly.

    “Good morning, Sebastian.” She replied. He smiled softly and tightened his tie.

    “Young Master and I have to go talk to Queen Victoria this morning, we will be gone until the afternoon. After that, he wishes to speak with you.” Sebastian looked over at Demetria, who was currently hugging Mr. Snuffums to her chest. She nodded slightly and he continued speaking, “Until we get back, you are welcome to explore the manor. Though… I will warn you, there are other servants in the manor.”

    Demetria giggled, “I can talk to them, right?” She said, her tone teasing.

    Sebastian chuckled softly. “Of course you can.”

    She smiled softly and hugged Mr. Snuffums closer to her chest, which in turn caused him to bat at her face. Demetria squealed slightly and let go of Mr. Snuffums, who then proceeded to dart out of her reach and onto a windowsill in a pool of light, bathing in the warmth of the sun. She giggled, looking at Mr. Snuffums for a few minutes before standing up.

    “Where did you put those letters I handed to you last night, Sebastian?” She said, looking around the room.

    “They’re on the nightstand by the bed.”

    “Thank you!” Demetria smiled brightly at him, and picked up the letters, pulling the second one out from under the first one. “You can read the first one whenever you would like, I’ve already read it.” Demetria pointed out, sitting back down on the bed.

    “Well, I’ll be leaving now. I will see you later.” Sebastian said, walking over and placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. She blushed bright red and smiled slightly.

    “See you later, Sebastian.” And with that Sebastian left the room, leaving Demetria alone in the room with Mr. Snuffums.

    She unfolded the letter, flattening it out. And started to read through the crisp paper with the thick, dark letters covering the paper.

    “Dear Demetria,

If you are reading this, it means that William has found you. Now, you might ask who William is if you haven’t met him properly. So, I’ll tell you anyways. Williams’ full name is William T. Spears, though, he just goes by Will. And, no, I honestly don’t know what his middle name is, I just know that it begins with ‘T’. Though, I suppose you could ask him yourself. Anyways, my dearest, and only child, if you are reading this, your father has probably abandoned you by now, and I would suggest you don’t go looking for him, as he will have made himself nearly impossible to find. Your father has already gone through this plan with me, and of course, I told him that he could go through with it if he wished too. When I pass, you will be fully under your father’s responsibility. And when your father leaves you, you will be under Will’s responsibility. I know it is hard to lose a parent, and even harder to lose two, however, consider Will as a new parental figure. Your father and I have handed you over to his caring hands, and we trust him to take care of you. However if you wish to find your father, under the thought that Will is not a good guardian, I urge you to give it a second thought, and give him a second chance. He is a good man, and is very serious about his work and anything he has responsibility of. He will be a bit overprotective though, and it may seem overwhelming at times, but I can promise you, he is only looking out for your wellbeing, my darling.