Chapter 38

//I warn you now, I am going back in time a little bit, so no, this will not follow the actual TV show or the Manga, mostly because I'm going back to season one, but just pretend for the sake of the story that it works >.< I really want to bring Madam Red, The Viscount, and some other people in, and I would like to bring Lau in more, so please, pleaaasseee, work with me here to we can make it work!//

Two months after Demetria's death, things in Phantomhive manor had almost gone back to normal. Things were alright, but after Finny learned of how Demetria's death was practically Sebastian's fault, he became mad enough that he actually pulled a huge chunk of brick wall out of the kitchen and threw it at Sebastian. Of course, Sebastian narrowly avoided the huge chunk-yet he still somehow managed to have a small brick the Finny threw, hit him flat in the head. After that, Everyone had seemed to go back to normal, but there was still an air about how they missed Demetria. No one dared to talk about her death, but it was there, and she still managed to stay in their thoughts.

    But, today was different from the rest. It was different from the rest because, for the first time in forever, Undertaker was bored out of his mind. There were no new bodies to make pretty, there were no people that needed to be talked to, and no one new good jokes! It was such a shame, people seemed to have lost their sense of humor. Back in the days of the Roman Empire, ah, those were the good days. Julius Caesar, now that was a man who knew how to tell a joke. Which was probably one of the reasons Undertaker had sent him to heaven... but never mind that. That's a story for a different day.

    Undertaker sighed softly and gently ran his fingers over the tombstones. Beautiful works of art he had made himself. People didn't seem to appreciate it very much, but he was proud of them. He stopped in front of Demetria's grave and sighed softly.

    "Shame the phoenix race had to die out so soon.... it was a beautiful race." He smiled to himself as a thought came to his mind. "I wonder if a phoenix would actually die to lightning..." He shook off the thought as he looked at her grave. He had the proof right in front of his eyes. She was dead. Demetria Jacobe, died at a young age due to being struck by lightning. She gently tugged on the braid in his hair as he thought for a minute. He chuckled to himself as he thought of a joke Julius Caesar had told him once.

    Undertaker walked over and gently patted her tombstone. "I didn't get to meet you, but you seemed like a nice girl." He smiled to himself and started to walk away-only pausing when he heard the bell on her grave ring. "The bell?" He mused to himself.

    He turned around and looked at the tombstone, and sure enough, the bell connected to it was ringing. He sighed softly and shook his head. "I don't even have my shovel on me. I'll be back, Demetria. Let's hope you haven't suffocated by then." Undertaker quickly walked over to the graveyard tool shed. He pulled out his shovel and made his way back to her grave. The bell had stopped ringing so urgently, but was ringing nonetheless. "Calm down, I'm digging you out." Undertaker chided her for not being so patient.

    Undertaker started to dig all the while asking her questions. The bell had stopped ringing to help answer the questions he was asking.  "I heard you were mute. Ring once if I'm right. Ring twice if I'm wrong." The bell tinged once and Undertaker laughed.

    Soon the coffin was all dug up. Undertaker frowned when he saw the shape it was in. One side was all crushed in, which caused the other side to jut out a lot, making the coffin look unnatural. And the bottom was completely ruined-crushed in all different directions. He sighed softly and pried open the lid. Demetria sat up almost immediately, glad to be free of the confinements of the coffin.

    Undertaker held out his hand to her and she gladly took it, him helping her out of the coffin. "You are even more beautiful when awake." He complimented Demetria, causing her to blush darkly. She shook her head and looked down embarrassed. "Now, are you sure you can't speak?" He asked, leading her away from the graveyard, his shovel abandoned next to the coffin.