Chapter 25

After a long and tedious trip, all three of them managed to haul their way into Ciel’s summer home. Before they could even make their way up to the room Ciel would be staying in, Demetria had a long introduction to Prince Soma-and many questions were asked where she had to write down the answer in her notebook. When that was finally all and through, she had decided that even though he seemed overly happy, she liked Prince Soma and Agni. Both Sebastian and Ciel left to go into town before they came back to get Demetria.

    It was around the time to go to the circus when Sebastian came and retrieved Demetria from her room. He smiled softly when she went to slip her notebook into her dress pocket. “You won’t need to bring that tonight, we’ll only be watching the show.”

    She cocked her head to the side in confusion and looked at the notebook and pencil and then back up to Sebastian as if to ask if he was sure. Sebasating only chuckled and nodded, gently taking them from her hand and setting them back down on the bed. She smiled slightly and looked up at Sebastian. After a moments hesitation, she gently took Sebastian’s hand and placed it against her cheek. She nuzzled into his hand and smiled softly. Sebastian got the idea and gently placed a kiss on Demetria’s forehead, and pulled her into a warm hug. Demetria smiled softly and hugged Sebastian back before heading out the door with him.

    After retrieving Ciel and going into the carriage, Demetria bit her lip and started to think about what the voice had wanted her to do-or who the voice came from overall. She had no idea of the name to the person who belonged to the voice, so she had gotten into the habit of calling it ‘the voice’. Without noticing, she was gripping the skirt of her dress tightly in her first-to which Sebastian gently placed a hand on hers. At this motion Demetria slowly relaxed her hand and looked up at Sebastian. She smiled softly, and wished that she could tell him, or tell anyone, that the voice had ordered her to become his own personal assassin. That was the only thing she refused to tell anyone.

    Before she could even bat an eyelash, all three of them were at the carnival and making their way in. Sebastian would never tell Demetria this, but he only managed to talk Ciel into bringing Demetria with them was because her majesty had sent three tickets instead of two.

    All three of them made their way to their seats and sat down, waiting for the show to begin. Sebastian and Ciel talked in hushed voices, waiting for the show to start. Demetria looked over at them and sighed softly, resting her elbows on her knees, her head rested in the palms of her hands. She shook her head slightly and sighed softly, ignoring them for the time being. She watched the show eagerly as it started, watching the opening act-with the ring master. Demetria giggled softly when the ring master dropped the colored balls on his head. This caused Sebastian to have a pang of jealousy fill him as he saw that the ring master had caused Demetria to giggle by only dropping things on his head.  

    The show passed by quickly and soon came the time when they asked for audience members. Sebastian was completely unaware of this, but he stood up anyways, entranced by the big cat that sat down by the other people. Demetria looked up at him and frowned, confused at why he was standing up. She didn’t really think of Sebastian as the kind of guy to volunteer.

    “Sebastian!” Ciel whisper yelled at him. But it was too late, Sebastian was already on his way down to the stage. It took Ciel a while but he finally relaxed and sat back in his seat-that was until he walked past Joker and to Betty.

    Sebastian started fawning over Betty-which caused Betty to bite his face. Demetria gasped along with the crowd and covered her mouth with her hands in horror. She knew that Sebastian was a demon, but that it still scared her to see something like that happen to him. People started to panic, and the rest passed in a blur, but soon enough, Demetria, Ciel, and Sebastian were walking out of the circus area.