Chapter 35

Demetria shook of the confusion and headed back to bed, setting the small blue sapphire on the nightstand beside her. She crawled under the covers and sighed softly, wondering why he had come to the door only to leave a few minutes later. She pulled one of his pillows close to her chest, breathing in his scent. She smiled softly, the scent comforting her. He smelled kind of like pine trees and fresh pastries. It was an odd combination, but a nice one nonetheless. Soon Demetria was back in her dark ocean, floating and looking up at the sky-only this time she wasn't alone, yet, she had no idea that someone was lurking in the dark ocean under her, reaching up to grab her, and drag her down with them.    

 The next morning Demetria awoke to a horrified scream. She frowned slightly and quickly got dressed. About to leave the door, she remembered the Sapphire Sebastian had told her to give to Reverend Jeremy. She turned around and picked it up off of the nightstand and slipped it into her dress pocket, and tugged up her gloves a little bit more. She bit her lip and hurried down to where she had heard the scream-from Mr.Siemens room. She pushed open the door to see everyone but Arthur and Ciel in there. She walked into the room and Mey-Rin came over.    

"Miss. Demetria! You can't look!" She cried out. Demetria frowned slightly and gently pushed past her and the rest of the horrified guests. She paused when she saw the person that lie on the ground in front of her, a horrified look crossing her face for the briefest of moments, before total sadness and despair filled her features. Tears welled up in her eyes and her heart ached at the sight in front of her. It wasn't true. It couldn't be true. This must all be a nightmare. Demetria pinched her arm to see if she was dreaming, and when the pain came, she realized that it all really was true. It was her nightmare come to life. Sebastian was dead. After the initial shock wore off, Demetria broke down crying. She hid her face in her hands, her delicate frame shaking with her her silent sobs.    

Unfortunately for her, Earl Grey decided to comfort her. He walked over and gently pulled her close to him, rubbing her back to try to help calm her down. Demetria gripped his shirt in his hands as he gently rubbed her back, trying to calm her down. She refused to look at Sebastian, who was dead on the floor, the poker for the fire tossed to the side, bloody. His shirt was stained dark red with his blood. A look of shock covered his face, blood streaming down from his mouth and on other parts of his face. Demetria sniffled softly, the tears starting to slow their fall. When she finally pulled away from Earl Grey, she noticed Ciel standing in the doorway to the room. He looked just as shocked and upset as she felt.    

Ciel walked over and stood in the puddle of Sebastian's blood. "Sebastian, how long are you going to play dead? It can't be comfortable in the floor."    

"Young Master..." Mey-Rin said, reaching her hand out for him. Ciel smacked her hand away.    

 Demetria bit her lip and looked down at the floor, her breath still uneven from the shock of seeing Sebastian dead. She wiped away some tears off of her face and gripped her left arm tightly with her right hand, her fingers digging into her skin. She heard Ciel shouting and the sound him slapping Sebastian. She flinched slightly, he was dead, but she still felt sorry for him. Her bottom lip started to tremble again at the thought of the fact that Sebastian was dead. She bit her lip harder to stop the trembling. She looked up and saw the Ciel was over by the window, leaning against Mey-Rin, who was holding him close, someone's jacket draped over his shoulders.    

 Earl Grey moved a little closer to Demetria. "Are you alright?" He whispered to her. She sniffled softly and shook her head, looking back down at the floor. "I'm sorry." He mumbled before moving back to his spot.    

"Whoever killed the butler must be pretty-" Lau started by Mey-Rin cut him off.    

"Don't speak like that around the Young Master!" She chided.