Prologue - 5

An amazing trailer for this book is in the header. It is made by one of my lovely readers, Paromita Sengupta. ❤️ I wrote this story in 2016, and it's very close to my heart. It's probably my favourite story that I've written. I hope you enjoy it! I would love your comments!

Synopsis

My Pain, Your Tears

Your Pain, My Tears

Then why do we cause each other pain? Why can't we just ignore each other, if our fate isn't to be together? Let me tell you why... because I can hurt you, I can love you, I can kiss you and I can torture you, but I can't ever leave you.

The time will come though, when we must part... but who would have known that this wouldn't happen once, but over and over again in our lives, all the way through to death? Maybe in another lifetime, we can say that we mustn't part, but in this lifetime, our existence is not for each other.

My love, when that day comes, keep me in your memories, not as a grand mistake, but as the dark love, who was not just harsh and cruel, but a part of your very own shadow.

Please remember this, when we must part.

Prologue

"Your job as a girl is not to be my successor. Your brother Ankit has that job," her father Kishore Agarwal told Sanyukta Agarwal one day, when she was begging to be given a chance.

"But dad," Sanyukta argued, "I am more capable!"

He was the leader of the political party, the Chakra's. The opposing party, the Padma's, was currently ruling the country of Mrityunjaya with Harsh Shekhawat as their president.

Kishore sighed. His daughter was way too determined, and it was hard to get her off his back. He needed a way to not just get her off his back, but do so in a way that would benefit him as well... and he had the perfect idea.

She was someone who would be willing to go through this, because her mantra was to achieve what she needed, even if it meant that she had to so by hook or by crook.

"Go to Harsh Shekhawat's house. Stay with them. Find out their political secrets, and bring them to me. If you are successful and if I deem you worthy, you will be my successor," Kishore ordered. "I heard they're looking for a tutor for their youngest child, Parth. I've only homeschooled you with the best tutors, so if your education has any value, you can easily slip inside. They have all their employees stay with them on contract term. So if you take up a six month contract, you will have to stay with them for that time."

Sanyukta smiled. As risky and dangerous as this plan sounded, it was perfect. She would get all the political secrets from the enemy and bring them to her father. Luckily, since she was the girl in the family, her face had been concealed from the media throughout the years, so nobody knew who she was. She could easily slip inside the Shekhawat mansion, create a fake identity for herself, pass the screening process for being Parth's tutor, and stay there with them.

"I'm ready," Sanyukta said right away. "I will do what it takes."

Kishore smiled at her.

"Good. I will get Rudra to send a positive recommendation for you," Kishore said.

Rudra was one of Kishore's men who was well acquainted with Harsh Shekhawat, but undercover. Harsh did not know that Rudra was very close to Kishore.

"What's my name?" Sanyukta asked curiously.

"Pooja Malhotra," Kishore told her. "It's generic and they won't be able to guess. Make sure you're careful, or you'll make the whole family look bad."