29 - 37

29

That day, Sanyukta kept on blushing and stealing glances at Randhir whenever she saw him. Randhir smiled at her too in a friendly way when he saw her, and they even spoke to each other during breakfast, but he went to his father's office for most of the day, and she tutored Parth.

Parth seemed to notice a change in Sanyukta's behaviour because she was daydreaming and blanking out during the tutoring sessions.

"He's fucked you hasn't he?" Parth asked with disapproval.

"What?" Sanyukta asked, sounding shocked that Parth could bluntly ask such a question.

"All the girls behave that way after he fucks them. They think they'll get another chance, but they get shown the door," Parth commented, shrugging his shoulders.

"I... don't know what you're saying," Sanyukta said, trying to avoid the topic.

It hurt to know that she might just be being used by Randhir. No, she couldn't give herself to him completely. She had to make him keep wanting her... at least until she got information about the opposing party from him. This was all being done to get information, she shouldn't lose sight of her focus.

"I think you're nice that's why I'm warning you. Randhir and Rehaan are both trouble," Parth warned.

Sanyukta felt touched that Parth found her nice. She smiled at the younger boy.

"Thank you," she said politely. "Now let's go back to math."

"Ah damn, I thought I would get to leave early," he said, frowning.

Clearly, buttering up his tutor wasn't going to work.

That night, when Sanyukta was in Randhir's room for her "lesson" and was kissing him passionately, from on top of him, his phone started to vibrate.

"Hold on," he said, breaking the kiss.

Randhir answered the phone.

"Yes?" he said. "No... not today. I know. Okay, I'll see you tomorrow."

Then he hung up the phone and continued to kiss her. After he fell asleep that night, Sanyukta carefully took his phone and unlocked it. She had watched him type his password earlier. Noticing his call history, he saw that the person who called was Vidhushi.

Oh, so tomorrow he would have sex with Vidhushi. This hurt. It hurt so much that she forgot to go through the rest of his phone in order to search for political secrets. She just put the phone back down and lay back on the bed, tears stinging her eyes.

She had never felt such an unbearable kind of pain in her heart before... and the worst part was that she didn't even have the medicine to heal this invisible wound.

30

The next day, when Sanyukta woke up, she kissed Randhir good morning, somehow hoping that if she made him feel good, he wouldn't go to Vidhushi today.

"Good morning," he said, opening his eyes, a smile on his face.

"Let's spend the day together," she told him. "The whole day."

"I can't," he told her, sitting up on bed. "I have some work for my dad then I have to go out and visit someone."

"Who?" Sanyukta asked, feeling her heart ache.

"Just a friend," he said.

"A girl?" she probed.

"Does it matter?" he asked her.

"Whatever. I don't care," she denied and stood up. "I'm going to my room."

Sanyukta then stormed out of his room. Randhir watched her go with a confused expression on his face. He had every right to do whatever he wished, and he had been neglecting Vidhushi a lot lately. He was actually beginning to feel bad for her.