20 - 28

20

That night, Randhir didn't come home, and it drove Sanyukta crazy. She really didn't know why she was waiting for him... but she justified it by saying she needed to be around him to get information out of him.

Rehaan wasn't home either, and she didn't really care. It was just Randhir she was bothered about. Who was he with? Vidhushi? Or another girl?

She stayed up all night, pacing back and forth, trying to tell herself that she didn't care, but it was difficult to convince even herself. She barely knew him for a week and she was having such intense feelings.

What was this?

If every girl felt this way for him then surely her feelings weren't any different of special. She shouldn't let it affect her. He was not someone she wanted to even like a little bit.

A few days passed and she caught glimpses of him in the house, but everytime she tried to approach him, he would avoid her.

Finally, one night, when he had locked himself in his room, she knocked on Rehaan's door, deciding that she had no choice.

Rehaan opened the door and smirked slyly upon seeing Sanyukta there.

"What brings you here at this time of night?" Rehaan asked her.

"Rehaan, thank you for opening the door!" she said loudly... loud enough for her voice to penetrate through Randhir's door. "Let's go inside your room and then we can talk!"

Rehaan looked shocked, but happy nonetheless.

"Of course. Let's go," he replied.

All of a sudden, just as she expected, she felt a warm hand on her wrist pull her back. Randhir. She smiled.

"Go to your room," he told her darkly.

"Hi little brother," Rehaan greeted.

"Shut up," Randhir spat. "I don't want to argue over her."

"How's Vidhushi?" Rehaan asked with a smirk. "Did she tell you? I went to visit her."

"Just shut up," Randhir said darkly.

"You were with her the last couple of nights right?" Rehaan probed.

Randhir let go of Sanyukta's hand and grabbed Rehaan's shirt, pushing him back.

"Yes, I was with her, so what?" Randhir asked angrily. "You jealous? She never fucked you while I get countless fucks with her? You've gone to her over and over again but she's rejected you."

Sanyukta's mouth dropped open at Randhir's tone. She hadn't expected him to speak like that, and all of a sudden, she felt her heart drop and the tears that stung her eyes were involuntary.

Rehaan just smirked victoriously.

21

What was this heartache? Why did tears sting her eyes? Why did she feel utterly worthless?

Sanyukta just turned around and disappeared into her room, locking herself in. She fell on the ground against the door and started to cry. She didn't know why she was upset. She didn't understand what was wrong with her.

When Parth told her, it hurt. When Rehaan spoke about it, it hurt too... but when Randhir confirmed it, the pain felt unbearable.

But why?

If Randhir spoke in derogatory language about having sex with other girls, why was she bothered? If he spent the last few nights, having sex with other girls, why did she care?