6 - 11

6

Sanyukta had been kept away from the outside society. She had no friends. Her mom and dad had kept her confined within the walls of her house and she had been home-schooled. Her tutors had never taught her about sex. Her mom told her that she shouldn't be around boys when she got her period, because she could get pregnant, but she didn't know much about how it worked.

In fact, she knew nothing about how it worked.

Her mom told her this only happened after marriage. Movies she watched didn't teach her anything, other than men and women kissing and rolling in bed, half-naked. Although movies showed that sex happened before marriage, she didn't think that people really did it beforehand in reality.

If it weren't for the tight security in her house, she would have looked into adult movie sites because the topic fascinated her, but she was scared to know... and the sites would be tracked down immediately in her house, causing her to land into trouble.

When Randhir told her he would show her, she gasped.

"That means you know?" she asked him, utterly shocked.

Randhir looked at her, shocked himself, like he didn't know what was wrong with her.

"Of course. What do you think?" he asked.

"Ew," Sanyukta replied, scrunching her nose. "So you're bad."

"Bad?" Randhir asked, raising his eyebrows. "Or you're immature."

She glared at him.

"Disgusting. You should wait until marriage," she lectured.

Randhir rolled his eyes at such a backwards thinking girl. She was going to be impossible to woo. He felt like giving up already... then the thought came that this was a challenge, and Randhir never backed out from any challenge. If it was impossible for him, then it would surely be impossible for Rehaan too.

"Yes, you're right," he told her, smiling at her. "Everyone should wait until marriage."

She looked confused for a moment.

"So you just came here to warn me about your brother?" she asked, frowning.

"No, I came here to tell you that you're very pretty," he complimented.

He watched as she looked taken aback, like she hadn't been expecting that. Sanyukta stared at him, unsure of how to react. It was like she had never been complimented before. Not by a boy. Not by anyone except her own mother. She had watched how boys and girls behaved with each other in movies but had never expected it to be like that in the outside world. In fact, her mom always warned her that the outside world was not the fairytale she saw in the movies.

All through her life, it had been about staying home, growing up, being home-schooled, and learning about the outside world through movies at home. She had been outside a few times to take walks on her property, and once in a while, her parents would take her to functions where family friends were present, but she never really spoke to anyone.

She was raised alone and confined.

"Pretty?" she asked, not sure how to react.

"Very," he replied.

Randhir then reached out and took her hand in his, surprising her even further.

"Why are you holding my hand?" she asked him nervously.

"It's warm and soft," he told her, his tone gentle. "Relax."

She tried to relax, but it was hard... how could she relax when Randhir, a boy, and the President's son was holding her hand? He was supposed to be her rival.