185 - 195

185

She felt him get closer and closer until finally he kissed her on the cheek. Her lips curved upwards as she smiled and opened her eyes. He then laid down next to her and she snuggled into him.

"Where's Vidya?" he asked her.

"Sleeping in Parth's room," Sanyukta informed.

"I see... maybe she wants to give her mom and dad alone time," Randhir teased.

"We'll have so much alone time in the next few days," Sanyukta replied, blushing faintly. "I'll miss her."

"I'll miss her too," Randhir replied, "But maybe it's necessary for us to be together alone."

"Yeah... I guess mom is keeping her here because she thinks that we should get to know each other and spend time together. If we have her with us, our minds will always be with her, won't it?" Sanyukta asked softly.

"Exactly," he said to her.

"Let's sleep now. We have a long day tomorrow," Sanyukta said.

They had to drive two hours to get to the cottage. It would be right by the lake though, so they would have a nice view... and they could even go outside and spend time by the water.

Randhir kissed her forehead, making her smile again.

"Good night," he whispered.

"Good night," she replied, feeling strangely excited for their honeymoon.

She lifted her head and rested it on his chest, as he caressed her arm. Then she fell asleep listening to his heartbeats... which oddly sounded familiar.

It was almost like she heard the same beat many times in herself.

186

The next morning they left early for their honeymoon. They didn't take the driver, but rather Randhir decided to drive. After all, he couldn't miss out on the opportunity to take his wife out on a long drive.

Throughout the ride, they just talked about work and Vidya, and Randhir teased her a little bit, but now she just laughed it off, because she was used to is flirty antics... or so she thought. Sometimes she still couldn't help but blush, because she took what he said seriously.

Finally they got to the cottage and parked the car. It was a small lakeside cottage. There was one bedroom and the cottage was very luxurious and nicely maintained. The bedroom was decorated with rose petals, as if the family had made arrangements to have it set up for them by the time they got there.

After unloading their suitcases, they both went outside to the lakeside, where they sat on a deck and dipped their feet in the water. Sanyukta unpacked some sandwiches that she brought from home when they left in the morning.

She thought it would be a good idea to have a small picnic lunch. Sanyukta fed Randhir as they watched the clear water, and then he took his turn feeding her too. After they were done, she rested her head on his shoulder and they watched the calm waves... it was like watching the water, calmed them down as well.

"It's nice we're here. It kind of cools down the humid weather," Sanyukta commented.

Randhir held his hand out, his palm facing upwards, for Sanyukta to hold. She smiled and held his hand, intertwining their fingers.

"It's really relaxing," Randhir murmured. "It's like there are no other problems that really exist."

"This feels perfect," she whispered.

Randhir rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb gently.

The sound of the waves splashing made her want to close her eyes and just lay here forever with Randhir.