Chapter 9- Bad Things

Phil's POV-

I sincerely hoped Dan was ok; he had seemed so desperate for me to not go, and terrified to be alone, but I couldn't be with him all the time. I had a family. But even as I rode a taxi to the train station I had a bad feeling as if my mind was telling me to go back to him because something terrifble was about to happen, but Dan was strong. He would managed a few hours without me.

After a couple of minutes sat on the platform, the train came and I climbed on, starting to get frustrated with myself. Dan would be fine!

"Hello." A girl sat down next to me, hair quite fair and big blue eyes. She was chewing something and glancing down at her phone from time to time. "Are you AmazingPhil?"

"I- I-" I didn't know what to say. Was I AmazingPhil? "Yeah, I guess." I didn't do YouTube anymore, as I knew nothing about it, but I would start again once my memories came back. "You a fan?"

She shook her head and blew a bubble. "Nah, my friend watches your videos. I met Dan once, you know. He looked a mess. Said he was gonna visit you." She began to text on her phone. "Told me you just came out of hospital. What happened?"

"I'd prefer to not talk about it." I begged and stared moodily out of the window. Dan had talked to this girl just before he came to visit me in the park. I needed to know what he had said, so I asked her as much.

"Oh, not much. Just the usual I'm glad he's alive! mallarkey. But he looked a right mess. Didn't you think so?" The girl blew another bubble.

"Yes. He did." I remembered watching him run up to me in the park, eyes wide but dull, smile big but forced and hair a dark chocolate but messy. He had looked like a zombie. "What's your name?"

"Emma." Emma replied, not taking her eyes off the screen of her phone. Well, wasn't she rude? "Where you headin'?"

"To see my parents." I answered, not looking at her. I would be rude if she was going to be. "To get my things and move back in with Dan."

"Were you happy to see him?" Emma asked, her tone bored.

I paused. Was I happy to see him? Had I felt joy as a random stranger ran up to me, or dread? No, none of those. Just confusion. Pure confusion that messed with my mind. I had not known him; he had been a nobody to me. "Yeah, I was over the moon." I grumbled.

"You don't sound so sure." Emma noticed, but said no more. I was thankful for that at least. An hour of boredom and silence passed and I was thinking about getting off the train early and get a taxi when Emma starting talking. It took me a while to realise it was not to me, though. "Hey, I'm almost there. Just hang on, okay? I won't be long." Her calm, confident voice had disappeared and had been replaced by a trembling whisper. "I'm almost there. Please don't go anywhere; don't do anything stupid. Promise?" Then she hung up and rubbed her tear-filled eyes. When she pulled her hands away, she was back to chewing her gum and staring at her phone as if nothing had happened.

I decided to ask. "Hey, you ok?"

As if she had only just realised I was there, she stared at me in surprise and then nodded, blowing another bubble, but even I could notice the slight shake in her bottom lip and the way her fingers repeatedly tapped her knee anxiously. "Yes, I'm fine." The snap in her voice told me that it was the end of the converstion, but I wanted to help.

"Has something happened? I can come and help if you want, being an adult and all."

"I said I'm fine." She growled and stood up, pocketing her phone and throwing the gum on the floor. I made a disgusted face as she waited by the doors. "Stay out of my business, Phil, as I have stayed out of yours. I know you have amnesia yet I did not ask, so don't you ask about me." The train pulled to a stop, the doors opened and Emma jumped out, fair hair flying into her face. I debated whether or not to get off, but it was too late anyway as the doors closed and we were moving.

Dan's POV-

Voices. In my head. Telling me to do things. I don't want to do.

It had been three hours since Phil had left and I was lying in bed with the duvet pulled up to my chin. I felt sick; sick for Phil. But I just had to wait a few more hours. Just a few more and he'd be back. I could survive a few more hours.

Light that was shining right into my eyes made me move eventually and I stepped into the shower to get rid of the sweat and tears.

After I had changed into jammies, I decided to play some Sims. The mouse hovered over Dil before clicking on the 'add new household' option. I called the family the Phans and made two men that looked just like Phil and I, and in the relationships I made them husbands. It was my dream family.

Once they were up and running, I decided to adopt. One boy and one girl. I called them Link and Zelda. Typical me. Thirty minutes later I had aged them and Zelda already had a boyfriend. I saved it there and switched the computer off, wondering what to do next. Go for a run? No way. Sit and play video games? Not enough to take my mind of Phil. Call a friend? Who lived close? No one. What to do...?

In the end I thought about going for a shop and buying something to keep me occupied, and then maybe film a video? It sounded like a good plan so I grabbed my money, my coat and my shoes before leaving the house and rushing to get a taxi. Into town I went, spotting all of the different shops I wanted to visit and wondering if I had enough money to buy things for the new video. A snake. A toy snake I needed. And a pad of paper, only I would need just a corner of it. The rest I could doodle on, or write down ideas for a video. What else would I need? I had my butt chair, I had a shirt for fake boobs, I had pretty much everything I needed. Wait, I wouldn't need a toy snake as we had Timmy. Great, this was going to be a boring shop.

I bought groceries, a pad of paper, balloons and a dracula costume that was meant for Halloween but it was half price for a short period off time. No one else would want it. And why balloons? They were 10p for a pack of five. How could I not get them? After the shop I went home and set up my camera. The time was half six in the evening. Not long now.

Exhaustion settling over me, I decided just to film myself talking and do the rest tomorrow so Phil could help me. Also, I could show Phil how fun it was to film a video. Done with the filming, I packed everything away and slipped some jammies on. I was so tired... but I had to wait for Phil. I wouldn't be able to go to sleep until he came. I would wait.

Two hours passed and I was still in bed, on my phone- waiting. Another hour. And another. Soon it was quarter to eleven. Getting a little worried, I checked times for the train. One had left two hours ago and the next one was tomorrow at six o'clock in the morning. He should be here in about half an hour. Excitement bubbled up inside of me and I sat up, waiting for the moment the door opens and Phil walks in holding his clothes and shivering from the cold night. Twenty minutes passed. Five. Three. Two more minutes remaining.

Ten minutes passed. He had not come. Well where was he? Stuck in traffic? Yes, that was it. He was stuck in traffic. Or maybe his train had been delayed. I text him to ask where he was but he did not reply. I waited and waited until I eventually fell asleep.