Chapter 20- Ellyse gets mugged

Dan's POV-

It was day three of our Japan adventure, and we were running out of things to see. Ellyse and Caitlin had taken us almost everywhere, so the only things left to do were climb Mount Fuji, play in the arcades and try out the different cafés. I was looking forward to it all, but the jetlag just ruined everything, so whenever I looked like I was about to be sick Phil would hand me a bag he carried around and steer me to the side as I rolled my eyes.

Today we were to climb the mountain, and as we waited on the side of the street for our guides Phil turned to me with a smirk on his face. His hands were shoved into his pockets and his legs were crossed so he was leaning against the building. "Dan, please don't fall off the mountain." He chuckled and I punched his arm.

"Hey! I'm not drunk!" I insisted, noticing the paper bag clutched in his hand. "I'm not going to throw up either."

Phil only shrugged.

Then Ellyse and Caitlin came round the corner chatting, and from what I could hear it was Japanese so I gave up trying to figure out what they're saying and focused on not getting shoved over as we made our way through the human traffic towards them. Ellyse's black hair, I noticed, had been cut so she had a fringe and her black locks were tucked behind her ears. From afar she could've passed as a boy. Caitlin, on the other hand, was dressed for a hot day with short shorts and a belly top that displayed her belly button. I found it a little uncomfortable but said nothing and greeted them.

"Nice hair cut." Phil complimented Ellyse whilst ruffling her hair. "It feels like a fluffy sheep!" He chirped, unable to remove his hand until she stepped away flushing red. "Sorry."

"It's fine." Ellyse laughed and pulled out a roll of Japanese money. I forgot the name despite the fact that we had loads. "Should we take the train?"

"Sounds good." Phil nodded and fell into place next to me. Ellyse and Caitlin walked together in front, loudly talking amongst themselves in Japanese. It was a little annoying. "So are you excited?" Phil asked awkwardly, probably just to start a conversation.

"Yeah." I mumbled, bumping his shoulder playfully. "Bet you any money that I'll beat you to the top."

"We go up by rail!" Ellyse called from the front and I blushed. "Also we'll go on a boat over... what is it called?" She asked Caitlin who just shook her head in confusion. "Ah it'll come back to me later."

"Little Miss Forgetful." I murmured to Phil who giggled.

Phil's POV-

We were just climbing out of the train when Caitlin pulled on my sleeve to stop me, her face anxious. I stepped onto the platform with her as Dan ran to the toilet and asked, "What's wrong?"

"I can't see Ellyse." Caitlin said, still holding onto my sleeve.

"Maybe she went with Dan to the toilet?" I suggested, leading her in the direction I saw Dan go. "She sat with you on the train, right?"

"Yes." Caitlin nodded, still looking around anxiously. "Until we got off and I turned around and-" pause, "she's gone."

"C'mon, lets see if she's with Dan." I told her and we joined him outside the toilets. When we asked him he shook his head, claiming he had not seen her. I looked around for the seven year old with the short hair and fringe until I noticed a struggle down the hallway. A man had hold of someone dressed all in black... Ellyse. Great. I hit Dan's arm to get his attention and we both took off sprinting after them, Caitlin a little behind shouting our names desperately. The man that had hold of Ellyse looked up, saw us, and threw Ellyse onto the ground before running away with the roll of cash Ellyse had stored in her pocket. Beside me, Dan tripped and fell to the ground with a yell and a thump, so I stopped and let Caitlin tend to her shocked sister.

"You ok?" I asked Dan, lifting his arm up and and helping him over to the two girls lying on the floor. "You two alright down there?" I called, offering a hand.

"Splendid." Ellyse growled, smacking my hand away. "Thanks but no thanks. Shall we go?"

Dan and I nodded awkwardly.