chapter 1

The journey from campus to home seemed hard for Mina. She seems reluctant to go home,eventhough her body and head are already tired because of her class schedule and assignments.

She sat restlessly and repeatedly asked his driver to take a different route than they used to. She tried to slow down the time to get to her house. Because she felt,she wasn’t ready,she is confused whether she should be sad,angry or happy when she gets home.

Her unusual behaviour surprised her driver. Mr.kimura has been the personal driver of the mina’s family since she was born. He is the one who always takes her everywhere. That’s why he knows her very well. He knows why Mina looks restless now.
"Your sister has arrived this morning." Mr. Kimura is trying to get Mina's attention

"I know, uncle. Mother called me earlier." her mother even called 3 times to remind her to come home soon.

from the rearview mirror mr. kimura could see a glimpse of the sad expression in mina's eyes as soon as she said that.
"Shouldn't you be happy? Your sister hasn't been home in a long time right?"

She never came home since  she studied in Korea" Mina tried to answer in a calm tone of voice.

"Then that's good, right. I heard that her lectures were on holiday and she spent his holidays in Bali, but she took the time to come back here a week before her lectures started. Don't you miss her?"

mina smiled bitterly, mina knew mr. kimura said that because he thought his sister was going home because she really wanted to go home.
"Dad asked her to come home uncle. I miss her, but I don't know if she misses me too"

"oh I see"

Mina closed her eyes after that, hoping that Mr. Kimura thought she was asleep. and mr.kimura knows for sure the hint. she didn't continue the conversation.
the rest of the journey they passed in silence.

//

As soon as Mina opened the front door, she could hear loud arguments between her father and sister in the living room. Although she was quite curious about what they were arguing about, but she thought it would be best to dodge and hope that if she had another way to his room without having to go through the living room.
"I quess, I don't have a choice" as she walked as slowly as possible.

“you can just do that to me, Dad!”

“yes I can Sana”

“why you do that?”

“because I want you to be more responsible. I want you to prove me that you can keep your promise again to me”
“by sending Mina to live with me in the Seoul?!”

"Yes... Mina will be your responsibility there. You will take care of each other and I hope that with Mina, you can control yourself from your wild life there"

"I'm not a nanny!" Sana stood up from her seat, staring intently at her father.

"SANA!!" her mother took her hand and with a threatening look pulled Sana's hand to sit back next to her.

"Don't talk like that to your father. After all, for someone who has done something wrong don't you have the right to choose punishment?"

"i'm sorry dad. but i'm really dont understand. why did you choose to send Mina to live with me as a form of punishment. why don't you punish me in another way"

"Isn't that a light punishment? And I don't understand, why are you so against my decision?" her father tried to look Sana in the eye, but Sana looked down and tried to avoid her father's gaze.

"I give everything you want Sana. When you asked me to study in Seoul, far from us your parents and your sister, even though it was hard but I still gave it. You promised us to take care of yourselves and would not disappoint us. But for the 2years you were there, we hardly know you anymore. we seem to have lost our daughter"
"You rarely contact us. Every holiday, you choose to go out with your friends. Almost every night you party and get drunk. And what disappointed us the most, your college grades dropped every semester"