Chapter 40

There are times when Mina doesn't want to be a morning person. Like now, instead of sleeping until noon, she wake up in the morning. Today is a day off. And she was eager to use it to rest more.

Over the past 2 months, she has been busy with recovery therapy and also catching up on her studies. She decided to enter college as soon as she could stand properly. Although she had use crutches to walk. She didn't want her studies to be left behind because of her injury.

Mina was thankful for many of things that had been given to her. The bad things and the good things. She believed behind all the bad things that happened to her, there were good things that she also received. She had a good family. Although there were differences of opinion and tension between them, but everything is back to normal. Mina could feel their love and care for her.

Her parents had returned to Japan as they thought Mina was fully able to walk normally again. The injury at her thigh now only leaves a fairly long scar. Mina actually still wants them to stay a little longer, but she understand that her parents have works. They have been away from it for along time. So she let her parents go. They made her and Sana to promise to come back to Japan during their college holidays.

Mina also considered herself lucky to have a sister like Sana. Sana always guarded and protected her. Helped her build her confidence and give her new bestfriends. Yes, Sana's bestfriends are now hers too. Mina hangs out with them more often, both on campus and outside. Mina was also quite sorry when she can't attend The Art Festival at her campus. She couldn't see Momo's performance. at that time, the condition of her injury still made it impossible for her to come. But Cheyoung had a video call with her at the time. So eventhough she couldn't watch it live, she could still see Momo's performace through the video call.

Yet, Mina greatest joy of all came rather unexpectedly. Chaeyoung was anything but expected. Firstly, he was not Mina's idea of an ideal boyfriend. But then Chaeyoung came along unassumingly and won over her heart before she even realized what was happening.

Secondly, Mina certainly didn't expect herself to meet someone like Chaeyoung. Instead, she thought that she hated Chaeyoung. It was as though fate had a hand in this. Chaeyoung had to be her nightmare first before it finally became her sweet ream. As she said, Chaeyoung won her heart in a very unexpected way.

Chaeyoung amused her, cheered her up, showered sincere love and care on her, supported her, worked hard for her and over time, became a source of strength and comfort for her. Mina found herself looking forward to seeing him, wanting to see him and eventually needing to see him.

Chaeyoung showed her a real change. He is no longer drinks alcohol. He's quit smoking, he studies hard and he also shows Mina that he can control his anger. That is the greatest act of him that Mina has ever proudly. And because of that, she knew that she could trust in him completely. She knew that he would give her his all. He wasn't holding back. And so, she would return the favour.

But that's a problem now, at least for Mina. She wanted to give the same thing as Chaeyoung give her. She wanted to show him that she really loved him. But ever since he talked to her father that night. He's been very over protective of her, treating her as if she were a fragile item.

Mina is very sure Chaeyoung is holding himself back. He always be the first one to break free as they deepened their kiss. Even Mina often caught him starring at her lips but instead of kissing it, he kissed her forehead. It frustated her. Not that she was thinking dirty or anything, but she wanted Chaeyoung to be himself.

Mina likes and loves Chaeyoung as he is. And she also doesn't mind if Chaeyoung asks for more from her. Because Mina thought, it was time for her to get out of her comfort zone. And she wants Chaeyoung to be the one to guide her.