Chapter 6: This Gets Messier Than The Mess Hall

The next morning arrived. I groggily sat up, looking around for any threats. Threats being pranks. The other Hermes children were starting to wake up as well, so I must have been the first one. 

I checked my watch. It was around 7:45. 

Yes, I was a morning person. I noticed an orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirt and put it on under my covers.

When I looked up, the Hermes campers were running around stashing things under the beds, and yelling at each other. The cabin was pretty messy. I put my things on my bed and tidied the beds a bit, which didn't really help.

"Annabeth's the cabin inspector today!"

"Oh, no! We have to go faster!"

"She's gonna kill us!"

Everyone was running around even more frantically now. They were hiding things under the mattresses. Then, somebody knocked on the door. 

It was Annabeth. 

One of the Hermes kids opened the door with a nervous smile on his face.

"Hi, Annabeth." He forced a smile, trying not to show the nervousness.

Annabeth inspected the room and looked a bit surprised. "Good job, Hermes cabin. Get ready for breakfast."

She walked out, writing on her papyrus scroll.

Everyone headed to breakfast. Maybe I'll get claimed now. I thought.

Breakfast was just as messy as last night. I grabbed a small plate and made a peanut butter & jelly sandwich (I love them). I took a glass of milk and chocolate powder, mixing them together. Then, I sat down at the table for new campers. It was empty, except for me.

I just finished my breakfast and 1 hour later, it was time for battle practice.