37.

Aida's POV

I twisted a small elastic around Noelle's curls, securing her second ponytail braid before passing her a handheld mirror. She turned her head from side to side, smiling at the reflection of her hairstyle.

"If you ever get sick of interior design," she began, "give hairstyling a chance."

Mina scoffed. "As if Aida could ever quit interior design."

Noelle may have been too young to remember how I behaved when we played with our Barbie Dreamhouse, but Mina wasn't. What I called "selective," Mina referred to as "totally uptight" about plastic furniture and miniature object placement. She moved on to playing with Bratz dolls which she was only willing to share if I did things her way. Here's the thing; there wasn't a way, Mina was just tired of mine.

"Are you still thinking about—"

"I will never forget," she interrupted.

I shook my head with a chuckle. Before more words could be exchanged there was a light tap against the living room doorway. All three of our heads moved in the direction of the sound to find Jordan entering.

"What are we never forgetting?" He asked, taking a seat next to Mina.

"Nothing." Mina shrugged. "Just Aida's ability to taint the doll-playing experience."

Jordan laughed. "You used to wait until she was asleep to play without her."

Mina swatted Jordan's arm. "We. Don't act like you weren't part of it."

She went on about how great Jordan was at styling doll hair, and he grew more flustered with every detail; earning giggles from Noelle and me.

"It has to be in one of the photo albums." Mina looked at me. "Do you have yours here?"

Our parents gave each of us copies of family photo albums. That way, if one were to get lost or destroyed, we wouldn't lose the memories forever.

"I have it upstairs," I replied, getting to my feet.

Jordan stood up quickly. "I can grab it for you."

"No need, I got it."

I moved towards the living room exit and Jordan practically leaped in front of me.

"You should be resting."

"I've been sitting in the same position for a while," I said matter-of-factly. "I should be stretching my legs."

"Just stick to the first floor."

Now Jordan was just being weird. I narrowed my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest.

"What's going on?"

"Can't a brother care about his pregnant sister?"

"Your pregnant sister is fine."

When I reached the top floor, a breeze rushed past my feet. As I approached my bedroom door, I realized that was where it was coming from. Odd, because I couldn't remember leaving the window open.

The door was already a crack open, and as I pushed it further the shadow of a moving figure came into view. My heart rate began to pick up until I realized it was only Finn.

I rolled my eyes, realizing the reason behind Jordan's behaviour.

Aside from the breeze coming in, the room was completely silent. Neither of us moved from where we were standing. I stared anywhere but at Finn, waiting for this painfully awkward moment to pass.

"I saw the nursery," I said finally. "It's perfect."

Finn shrugged, still not bothering to look up. My eyes dropped to the diamond on my finger, and the ring on his. What were we doing?