23.

After three weeks of planning, it was finally the day of the baby shower. Our guests were on their way here, however, I wasn't ready yet. I sat in front of my vanity, while Amelia applied makeup to my face and Noelle straightened my hair.

"Her makeup is looking so good already," Noelle said.

"Thanks girl," Amelia replied.

"Where did you learn to do that?"

"I did a two-year makeup program at Chic Studios."

Noelle unplugged the flat iron and placed it on my vanity, before running a comb through my hair.

"Do you do other people's makeup?" I asked.

"Sometimes," she shrugged, "when I'm not instructing a pilates or yoga class."

"Do you see yourself pursuing a career in makeup?"

"Yeah, but I'm having trouble finding new clients."

"Finn and I can help you with that," I said. "I know some models and he knows a ton of actors, he also has a large following."

"I know that."

"Then why didn't you ask us?"

"Because I didn't want you guys to feel like I was using you."

"Amelia, you can ask me for anything, and I'm sure that Finn feels the same way."

"What about me?"

I looked up, and I saw Finn, through the mirror, leaning against the door frame. He wore a light yellow polo paired with white dress pants. Gosh, he was handsome. Finn walked over to me and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"I was just telling Amelia that she could ask us for anything," I said, looking up at him.

"Of course, anything you need."

"We'll let our friends know that you're a makeup artist."

"Perfect," she smiled.

Amelia put the makeup brush down and picked up her setting spray bottle.

"Close your eyes."

I closed my eyes, and then I felt a cool mist hit my face. She then applied a pink gloss to my lips.

"All done."

I looked at myself in the mirror, this time taking in her work.

"I love it!"

"You look so beautiful, angel."

Finn leaned down and planted a soft kiss on my temple.

"Thanks love," I smiled.

"We should all go downstairs now," Noelle said. "Guests should be here any minute."

"Right," I nodded.

Finn held out his hand to me, and I took it, allowing him to help me stand up. Something that's been getting more and more difficult lately.

"I'll be down there soon you guys," Amelia said. "I just gotta use the washroom."

"Alright."

As Finn, Noelle and I were making our way downstairs, the doorbell rang.

"I got it," Noelle said.

Noelle walked over to the front door and opened it, revealing Noah and Paloma.

"Hey," Paloma smiled as they walked in.

"Hi!"

I approached them and pulled them into hugs.

"How's our little niece or nephew?" Noah asked.

"Doing great."

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Paloma asked.

"You will find out later today."

"What do think it's gonna be?" Noelle asked.

"A girl."

"A boy," Noah said.

"Well, I'm collecting bets. In the living room there's two bowls; one pink, one blue."

"Noted," Paloma said.

Noah and Paloma disappeared into the living room as the doorbell rung again. Finn opened the door, then Wyatt, Jaeden and Jack walked in. He greeted each of them with bro hugs.

"So where's Aida?" Wyatt asked.

Wyatt looked over Finn's shoulder and saw me standing next to the staircase. He came over to me and pulled me in for a hug.

"It's been so long," I said. "How have you been?"

"Great," he said, pulling away.

Wyatt looked down at my bump and his eyes widened.

"It's getting big now."

"Yes it is."

"You weren't even showing the last time I saw you."

"I know," I chuckled.

Jaeden walked over to me and his jaw dropped once he layed eyes on my bump.

"Someone's been growing," he said.

"Yeah, they've been kicking a lot too."

He also pulled me in for a long, but warm hug.

"So how have you been?" Jaeden asked, as he pulled away. "I know things weren't so good the last time I saw you."

The last time I saw him, I was in a hospital bed after Danielle stabbed me. Every time the memory of that night crossed my mind, I became tense. Not to mention she found us here, and that only made things even more stressful. Sometimes I would get this unsettling feeling that she would do something insane again, except maybe we wouldn't be so lucky like we were the last time. Or maybe I was just overthinking.

"I'm doing great," I lied.

Jaeden slightly scrunched his brows, giving me an unsure look.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," I breathed. "Thinking about it always reminds me of the fact that I could've lost my... nevermind."

I brought hands up and gently placed them on my stomach.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean t—"

"I know, Jaeden," I said. "I just wanna forget about that day for now."

Danielle has already had too much power over me, and I wasn't going to give her more. Today was going to be about my baby, and nothing was going to ruin that for me. Not even Danielle.

"You're right, we're here to celebrate."

"Exactly," I smiled. "So what have you been up to?"

"Quite a lot, actually. I don't even know where to start."

"Let's go to the living room. It's where all the snacks are so we'll start there."