Take care (slightly rewritten!!)

I sat down on my bed and sighed. That creep! What in the world is wrong with her? I mean who goes and asks people questions like that?! Why was she getting mad over it too! Whatever I guess. She's always been a creep anyway, it's not much of a surprise really. I sighed and walked over to my room and lied down on the bed after grabbing my phone. I told Madeline all about her strange behavior, and he just laughed it off. It's nice to know that he didn't get mad at me for having such a messed up sister. As I was about up go to sleep, I got another text from Madeline.

Madeline
You know what we should do more often?

Espresso
What's that?

Madeline
Spend more time with each other! I mean sure we see each other at school but you get what I mean.

Espresso
I guess you're right, though I'd prefer when we hang out it doesn't have you being all flirty.

Madeline
Alright alright. I just can't resist someone with a perfect body such as yours.

Espresso
Don't get corny asshole...though thanks for the compliment I guess..

Madeline
Aw I love you so much~

Espresso
Please stop flirting I'm gonna have a stroke.

Madeline
Right of course, good night Ess.

Espresso
Night Madeleine

I put my phone down and shut my light off. The next morning it was the same routine that I did every morning. It's nothing different from anyone else so there's no need to explain. I was about to sit down on the couch and wait for Latte, but I didn't hear her moving around. I groaned since we had to go and she wasn't out of bed. I went into her room to see her flopped out on her bed. "Latte we have to go what are you doing?" I leaned on her doorway, glaring towards her. "I-I feel horrible. I um...I think I'm sick but I don't know." She said groggily. I walked over to her and put a hand up to her forehead.

"You might actually be sick. Hold on." I went to the bathroom cupboard where the thermometer was kept in.  I handed it to her and she sat up. "Crap you have a fever. Um..I'll stay here and take care of you." I wiped the thermometer off and put it back where it was.

"What about you? Don't you need to go to school? I mean I can take care of myself!" Latte said, protesting my decision.

"Well if I were to start walking, I'd be late. I hate all the stares of the class when you're late. I'd prefer to just not go instead of deal with that." I complained. Latte agreed with me so I stayed home and gave her company and things. She seemed pretty joyful for me staying, which I wonder why. So I'll ask.

"Why do you looked so..over-joyed?" I asked.

"Oh well we haven't spent much time with each other alone for forever now. It feels nice to interact with my brother without any distractions." She said with a small smile.

"Interactions? Am I some NPC to you?" I said, trying to hide the fact I felt really bad for not considering to spend time with her. We have a really good relationship and I haven't been taking advantage of it. So I'll start to think about hanging out with her more often. Then maybe we'll have that dynamic we had before..

Years ago:

"Hey wait up!"

"Come on slow poke!"

"Shut up!"

The two raced up a massive hill. They usually spent much time up here, it was their favorite hang out spot. They would share secrets, gossip, joke around, and even do things as simple as sit there and enjoy the day. Though as years past, they grew apart. They just stopped talking and one got caught up in school while the other didn't seem to bother. When they were young, they did everything together. They even shared a room together. It's a bit of a mystery on why they stopped talking for so long, even if they lived with each other! Though this ought to change..right?

________________________________

THIS IS SO SAD FOR WHAT?
(No it isn't lol get over yourself L bozo)