Chapter 7: The night that he dies

Jack's (p.o.v.)

It's almost time to go, I'm putting on the clothes I had laid out for this, and look to myself in the mirror, "No matter what he says, tonight he will die. I won't let him leave alive." I pick up the knife and hide it away in my pocket, "Now I'm ready to go."

With my mind on knowing what I'm going to do, I smile and walk out of the door, onto the forest.

"I can see him standing there already, I just need to stay calm until I have found the perfect time to attack." I walk over to him.

No one's (p.o.v.)

"Hey."

Ethan turns around, "Oh, it's you." he turns away, putting his arms over each other, rolling his eyes, "What do you want?"

"I just wanted to talk with you."

"Why with me?"

"Well, what you said to me about Mark last week, it seems like you think we are rivals."

"I guess you could call it that."

Jack walks over to him, "He is mine, and I won't let you have him."

"He likes me. He doesn't even notice you."

"I will make sure he does, and once I have him, he won't be able to resist me."

"Ha, don't make me laugh. Mark is way too good for you."

"I will say this once, stay away from him." He takes out the knife.

Ethan notices and takes a step back out of fear, putting his hands up, "Wow, wow, wow. We don't have to make this physical."

"I will if you don't stay away from him."

"Okay, Jeez."

"I hope for you, you listen to what I said."

"I know something better. I will give you a chance to get him first. If he rejects you, I'll get him."

"No, he is mine."

Ethan waves him off, "Oh, come on. He doesn't want you anyway."

Jack runs at him and pushes him to the ground, and he starts stabbing him

Jack runs at him and pushes him to the ground, and he starts stabbing him. He keeps stabbing Ethan until he stops moving, "Now you stay away." He leaves him there and walks away, back home.

Jack's (p.o.v.)

I arrive at home, "What did I just do? I killed him... And it felt good."

I close the door behind me and slowly sit down on the ground, "I mean, he is gone now. He won't bother Mark ever again. It was his own fault for coming between us." I let out a laugh.

I then keep my head in my hands and look down, feeling nauseous, "I'm not feeling good. Maybe I shouldn't have done this? It's wrong to kill someone, I know this, and I didn't want to. I... I had to... He was in the way... He deserved it."

I stand up and take the gloves off, throwing them together with the knife in the sink, "I will wash that later. Luckily I didn't get blood anywhere else. Only the gloves and knife are stained. If I wash them, there will be no link to me anymore. I know no one else was there, and I didn't leave any fingerprints there. No one can link me to it. I know for sure."

I walk to my bedroom and slump down on my bed, "What do I do now?"

I sit back up in shock, "What if Mark finds out? What if he asks about him? What if he asks me about it?" I shake my head, "No, don't think that, Jack. He won't find out it was you, never. And... If he does, I... Can always kidnap him. I'm not letting anyone else have him. He is mine."