Chapter 9: He knows what I did

A week later since the murder took place,

Jack's (p.o.v.)

I'm scrolling through some news sites again to see what they know about Ethan, "They found the body, obviously. I mean, I didn't really hide it or anything. So, of course, they would find it. But no one knows that it was me, so that's good. Really good."

I scroll through a few more news sites, "It's all the same information, just that a murder took place on the missing student. Really good. They have no idea who has done it. And they never will."

I yawn, "Time for bed. Everything is still good. No one knows it was me, so everything is fine. Plus, I need to get enough sleep. I have class from Mark tomorrow."

I close off the computer and go to bed, dreaming of Mark.

Next morning,

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I ignore the sound and keep sleeping.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I turn around, groaning, "Shut up."

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I slam my hand on the alarm to make it stop.

"Why? You stupid alarm, waking me up when I'm dreaming about him."

I'll sit right up and get ready for school.

When I go get my phone, I notice it's not in the loader, "Fuck. Now it's almost empty, and I don't have time anymore."

I decided to take my phone with me anyways, "Guess that means not enough power to take pictures today. At least I get to look at him."

I walk to school, thinking about my dream, touching my lips lightly, "I wonder how it would feel to kiss him for real. I can only imagine for now. But I'll make sure it won't take long before I don't have to imagine any longer and know how it really feels."

The day goes by alright, but before the last class, "I can hear others talk about Ethan again. Why can't people just never focus on themselves for once?... But, what if they are talking about him because the cops have found something?" I shake my head, "No, no, they can't. I didn't leave any evidence there. I know for sure... Then again, I had never done this before. What if they did find something? Usually, I would have looked it up if they found something, but my phone is still dead. So, that's not an option. I... Can, of course, use the computers here at school. But I risk someone seeing it. I mean, others are talking about it as well. I don't think it's that weird to look it up... Fuck it, I need to know if they did."

I walk towards the computer room and start scrolling through some news sites.

No one's (p.o.v.)

After some time Mark walks up behind him, "I see you have been following the news a lot about the murder."

Jack looks up at him, surprised, "Eh, well... Yeah. I mean, I'm just looking if they know who did it yet."

"And did they?"

He looks back at the screen again, "Eh... No, nothing yet. From what I could find, at least."

"Are you scared that they will?"

He looks back at Mark with widened eyes, nervously laughing, "W-what... Why would I be scared of that?"

"Because you keep following it so much, even now when you are at school. It does look like you are."

"I'm just... Interested in it. It's kinda scary that a killer could be on the loose, you know?"