Chapter 17: Morning after

Jack's (p.o.v)

I wake up, still on top of him and feeling his strong arms around me. I can feel myself starting to blush, "I can't believe it. It was all real. I'm actually here now and laying on top of Him." I giggle, maybe a bit too loud. I stop myself, trying to keep quiet, "I don't want to wake him up yet. I want to just look at him for now." I try not to move too much after that.

I stay like this for a while, just admiring him from so close, "Last night was amazing, and I finally have him all for myself. I now only need to make sure it stays this way."

No one's (p.o.v)

After several minutes of silence, Mark opens his eyes, smiling at Jack and giving him a kiss on his forehead, making Jack blush.

"Good morning, Jack."

"Good morning. How did you sleep?"

"Amazing. And how are you doing? Not in too much pain, right?"

"I'm good. It's nothing too bad."

They then share a tender kiss, smiling, and Jack lays his head back down on Mark's chest.

After staying in blissful silence, Mark gets out from under him, "Wanna go downstairs?"

Jack looks at him, unsure, "I don't think I can get up yet."

Mark smiles, knowing what he means, "Of course. I'll make breakfast for us then. You stay here, okay?"

"Okay. Thank you, Mark." Jack lays his head back down on the bed.

Mark then walks out of the room, smiling.

After some time of Mark making breakfast for the two of them, Jack walks downstairs, limping, wearing only his shirt and underwear.

Mark turns to look at him, "What are you doing up? I told you to stay in bed."

"I know. But I smelled coffee, so I got up."

Mark laughs and hands him coffee, "Here you go."

Jack limps over to him and takes it with a big smile, "Thank you."

Mark ruffles his hair, making him blush, "You're so adorable."

Jack, now blushing more, drinks his coffee faster.

Mark turns around, smiling, and cooks further.

After drinking more coffee, Jack sees what he is making and excitingly asks, "Is that bacon and eggs?"

"Yes. I hope you like it."

Jack nods profusely, "Yes! It smells delicious."

"Wait, how come you smelled coffee upstairs but not this?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "I love coffee."

Mark lets out a chuckle, "I see. You can sit down. I'll finish it up here."

Jack nods and walks with his coffee in his hand to the table.

Before he sits down, Mark says, "You can sit down on the one with the pillow. I thought that might be more comfortable for you."

"Awww, thank you, Mark." Jack sits down there. The pillow indeed helps ease the pain.

Jack waits for Mark to bring him the food and for him to sit down with him.

They talk about all sorts of things during breakfast. Mark tells him he can stay for the day if he wants to, Jack obviously says yes.

After breakfast, Jack sits down on the couch but quickly lays down for more comfort.