Chapter 28: Third murder

Next morning,

No one's (p.o.v)

They are busy cleaning the tools from yesterday,

Mark looks over at Jack, cleaning the knife, "Is that how you cleaned the other knife as well?"

"Yeah. Is that not good... I mean, it's clean, right?"

Mark shakes his head, "It looks clean, but it's not. Let me show you."

He closes the blinds and grabs a black light. He clicks it on and shows the blood, "See?"

"Oh, but how do we get rid of it then?"

"What you need to use is hydrogen peroxide. That will help clean up the blood."

"Cool, I'll do that then."

After opening the blinds again and cleaning the knife properly, Mark says, "Do you still have the knife you killed Ethan with, or did you get rid of it?"

"Uhm, I still have it. I put it back by the other knives, but I never used it after that. I didn't want to."

"You can bring it here tomorrow. Then I'll clean it for you."

"Sure."

They then work in silence for a while, content just being next to each other.

After a while, Mark looks at the clock, "Oh, fuck. It's already noon."

"What is it?"

"I need to go to a teacher meeting. Discussing new plans and all. I need to go now, or else I'll be late. Would you be alright by yourself for a little while?"

"Sure. I'll just continue cleaning the tools."

"That's great. Thank you."

"Oh wait, shall I also put them back after I cleaned them?"

Mark is already by the front door, "No, you don't need to do that. I rather do that myself. I know where they go."

"Okay."

They say their goodbyes, and Mark leaves for the teacher meeting. Jack continues cleaning up the tools.

Jack's (p.o.v)

"So, cleaned them all."

I lay the last knife by the others and walk towards the living room, "Now, what shall I do?"

While looking around, I hear my phone go off, "Huh? Who would text me?"

I pick up my phone but don't see anything, "I swear I heard my phone go off. Am I going crazy?"

I hear the sound again and look around. After walking around the living room and thinking I'm hearing things that aren't there, I see Mark's phone on the table light on, "Oh, he left his phone. Phew, I really thought I was going insane there."

I walk over to it, intending to pick it up and see who send him something, but stop myself, "Wait, I shouldn't do this. It's his phone. I shouldn't spy on him. Even if I did that before, it's not good of me... But still, it wouldn't hurt to see what someone else is saying to him, now would it?"

Not being able to stop my curiosity, I pick it up anyways.

I open the phone, which luckily isn't locked.

'I know we hadn't agreed to meet for another training so soon, but I really want to learn more. Would it be possible to get a training today?'

"From Tyler?"