Chapter 10: Alone with him

Jack's (p.o.v.)

I sit against my bedroom door, looking at the note, "This is a good start. I have Mark's number, and he said I could always text him... Well, whenever I wanted to kill someone again." I look at his number on my phone, "Would he be disappointed if I texted him so soon? Would he think I'm a bad guy? I'm not, right?"

I drop my phone, put my head between my knees, and start crying, "Why are you doing this to me? Every time I think we get closer, something happens. But this was the worst of all. Why did you have to say that?" It keeps repeating in my head, "My new boyfriend. My new boyfriend. My new boyfriend..."

I stand up and turn to my desk, shoving everything off it, "Fuck!"

I lean on my desk, "If I find out who it is. I'll kill him."

I punch my desk out of anger, "You belong to me. I won't let anyone else have you."

I slump down on the ground after that, bursting out into tears, "Why did something like this have to happen? It was supposed to be different. This wasn't supposed to happen."

I look down at my phone, "What do I do now? I want to kill someone again. But how can I tell you that I want to kill that asshole you call boyfriend? How can I tell you that I need you all to myself? How can I make you all for myself?"

My mind is full of questions but no answers to them. And no one who can answer them.

I wipe away my tears, picking up my phone and looking at your contact, "What should I do now? If I text you now, you will think I'm crazy. I'm not... I'm not crazy, right?" I shake my head, "Of course not. Of course, I'm not."

I click on the text button and try to type something, "What do I say? What would you think if I text you now? I want to say something, but what if you only want to talk to me when I want to kill someone? What if you think I'm just bothering you?"

I lay my phone away, "Or," I look down at my phone, "What if this was just an excuse so you could give me your number? Maybe you want me to text you, so you can talk to me in secret?"

I think for a few seconds, picking up my phone again, "I mean, when you were talking about Him, I heard you hesitate. You don't actually want to be with him, but you're too scared to leave, so you just let it happen. You do want me. You want me to take you away from him. He isn't good for you. I need to get you away from him. He isn't good for you, but I am. You just want me to prove myself first. I'll show you what I'll do for you."

I click the text button again, "I'll just send you a simple hey. So, you know you have my attention."

'Hey'

"Now, all I need to do is wait for you to reply."

A few minutes go by. I hear the notification and open it right away.

'Hey, Jack. What's going on?'

"Just say what he wants you to say." 'I think I need to kill someone again'

'Why do you think you need to?'

"Because he is in the way of us." 'Because he is in the way'

'Then I will tell you not to. Don't do anything like that, promise me, okay?'

I feel tears falling down my face, "I wish I could promise you that." 'I don't know if I can'

'Do you think you can stop yourself from it until tomorrow?'

"I hope so" 'I think so'