Chapter 5: To kill or not to kill?

Jack's (p.o.v.)

I arrive at home and throw my bag on the ground, walking to my bedroom. I think back at Ethan and about what he said, "I can kill him. I mean, why shouldn't I? He was the one who started talking about us being rivals, so it's his own fault. If I plan it out carefully, no one can find out it was me. And it would surely get Mark's attention."

I start searching through my closet, "I'm sure I still have some old clothes somewhere. I can put those on."

I search some more and finally find them, "Here they are." I pick up an old hoodie and jogging pants, "In these, no one can recognize me. Now I just need some gloves. So, they can't trace my fingerprints."

I start walking around my flat in search of those, "I'm sure I have a pair of gloves with my winter clothes... Mmm, where did I put that again?"

I start walking around, looking in a few rooms, and then finally find them, "Here they are."

I pick them up, walk back to my bedroom and throw everything on my bed, "I have good clothes so no one can recognize me, gloves as well, so they can't link my fingerprints. All I need is something to kill Ethan with now. I think a knife would be the best option for that."

I walk to the kitchen. I pick up one of the knives I have there and walk back to my bedroom.

 I pick up one of the knives I have there and walk back to my bedroom

"What else do I need now? Mmm... I have old clothes so no one can recognize me, gloves so I won't leave any fingerprints, and a knife to kill him. All I need is a plan for how I kill him, and more importantly, where?"

I look out my window and look around in the neighborhood and see a forest pretty far away, "I'm sure no one goes there at night. I need to make sure of that first, though. But if no one does, it would be a perfect place to get rid of him."

I wait till the night, thinking about ways to kill him.

And once it's late enough and fully dark outside, I pick up a flashlight and go to the forest, "I need to remember how to get home and not go too far in the forest. I at least need to stay close enough to the side of it. But at least I can see if the street next to it is busy at night, and hopefully, it isn't."

I walk in the street next to it and keep going till I'm at the edge of the forest, "Mmm, there is a lot of light in this street. But I don't see anyone outside. That's a very good thing. If I plan this correctly, it should be perfect..."