Chapter 24: Third murder

At school, Monday,

No one's (p.o.v)

At the end of Mark's class, Jack walks to him, "Can I come over again today?"

Mark looks away, unsure, "Uhh... I have a lot of work. I'm sorry."

"You know that I don't mind watching you work."

Mark smiles, "I know. But it's for the other job."

"Ah, I see. Mmm, then maybe this weekend?"

"Maybe. I'll let you know, okay?"

"Okay."

He then leaves and goes on to the next class.

Jack's (p.o.v)

"I want to believe him. But why do I feel like he is going to that other guy again?"

I slump down on my seat in the other class, "Ugh... Why can't I just believe him and calm down? He just has a lot of work to do, that is all. I know that that is what he is going to do. That is what he said to me, so I believe him."

I get out my books and pretend to work, "I can still check on him... No, no, no, I shouldn't spy on him the whole time. Well, I'm just keeping him safe... No, I need to believe him. He is my boyfriend. I can trust him. I trust him."

I smile, knowing he is mine.

The classes go on as usual. I keep thinking if I should follow him again or not.

After I arrive at my house, "Fuck it. I just need to see if he is home. It's not that I don't trust him. I just need to see him, that's all."

I walk to his house, as usual, "Fuck! Why is he leaving again? Maybe he just needs to get something. I'm sure he isn't going to that same guy again... I'm sure."

I follow him, "Please don't go to that same guy again, please, please, please."

And as already predicted, he is by the same house again, "Whyyy?"

I feel the rage burning inside of me and tears coming up at the same time, "Okay... Then I know what to do. That guy needs to die, right fucking now!"

I hide behind a wall, trying to restrain myself, "I can't kill him right now. Mark is there. I need to wait and follow this guy and get him when he is alone."

The next day,

Jack's (p.o.v)

I'm watching the guy and follow him, "All I need to do now is follow him and get him when he is alone."

I follow him to a park, "There are too many people around here. I need to hope he goes somewhere calmer. Just need to keep following him, and I'm sure I can get him."

I can feel myself becoming increasingly frustrated as I keep following him, "When is this man finally going somewhere without anyone around?!"

He leaves the park, "At least he is out of the park. There are always people there, too many. But, where is he going now?"

He is walking along the street, and I keep on following, "It seems like he is going back to his house. I need to get him fast now. Before he is back by his house with all those security cameras. Luckily for me, it seems like he is taking a shortcut, one that involves an empty street."

I can see he walks over to the empty street, "Now I need to act quick... Wait, where the fuck is he? I saw him going here."

I walk around some more in the empty street but don't see him anywhere.