Chapter 29: Partners in crime

No one's (p.o.v)

They put him down on the chair in the basement.

Jack looks over at Mark, worried, "What do we do with him now?"

"Well, we obviously need to get rid of him. But we can't get rid of him right now. We have to wait until it's fully dark outside."

Jack nods in agreement, "And what do we do now?"

"Get some stuff ready for it."

Mark picks up a shovel and hands it to him, "Go lay this in the car."

Jack nods and walks over to the car, laying down the shovel in the back.

After, he walks back to the garage, where Mark is picking up some other things, "What more do we need than a shovel?"

"Hand shoes. Don't want to get our fingerprints everywhere." He hands them to Jack.

"I didn't even use those."

"Well, it isn't essential, but it is more like a precaution."

"Uhuh, I see. Shall I put these in the car as well?"

"Yes, please. I will look around a bit to see if we need more."

Jack walks to the car, laying the hand shoes next to the shovel.

Mark walks in behind him, "I have an extra shovel for you here."

"Thanks." He takes the shovel from him, putting it next to the other.

"It's better to lay them to the side. We do need to keep some space over for his body."

"Oh, yeah." Jack places the shovels to the side, putting the hand shoes in front of them. He turns to Mark, "Is this

good?"

Mark nods, "Yeah, that's alright."

"Shall we put him in the car yet?"

Mark closes the car, "Not yet. We first need to wrap him up in garbage bags."

"Why is that?"

"A lot of people walk their dogs in the forest we're going to bury him in. If we don't wrap him up, dogs can smell him. We don't want that to happen, now, do we?"

"Ah." Jack looks down thoughtfully.

Mark notices Jack staring at the ground, "Is there something wrong?"

Jack shocks up, "Uh... No." Jack looks away again. "At least, I hope not."

"What is it you're thinking about?"

"...Felix."

"You buried him without anything around him?"

Jack looks back up, worried, "Yes... I mean, I didn't know about this. I didn't really think about that at the time. I was kinda preoccupied with crying, you know?"

"Mmm, well, that's understandable. He was your friend."

"Is it really bad I just buried him like that?"

"Well, usually I would say yes, but since they haven't found him by now, you should be fine. Even if they find him now, they won't be able to trace it back to you."

Jack sighs, relieved, "Okay, that's a relief."

"Come, let's go." Mark starts walking out of the garage, and Jack follows him.

They arrive back in the basement. While walking over to the guy, Jack says, "Uhm, how exactly are we going to do this? He won't fit into one garbage bag."