Chapter 18: Pay attention to me

Monday morning,

Jack's (p.o.v)

I wake up, quickly getting ready for school, "I've never been this excited to go to school. But now, I have a reason."

I grab everything I need and start walking to school, not wanting to wait to see Mark again.

I arrive at my first class, "No class from Mark yet. But luckily, I still have him as the last lesson."

School goes on as usual. Once I get to Mark's class, I smile upon seeing him again.

The class starts, nothing special, "Why does it feel like he is still treating me like everyone else? This is insufferable."

I look at him for longer, but he never even looks in my direction once, "It's like he is ignoring me. Why would he do that?"

I can feel anger rising in my chest the longer this goes on, "I can't go to him now. I'm still in class. No one can know about us. I need to wait. Should I text him now? Maybe better not to. I don't want him to think I'm obsessed. I just need to wait, that's all."

No one's (p.o.v)

After class, Jack gets a text from Mark, 'Come to my office.'

He smiles, reading the text from him, 'Okay. I'll be there.'

Once in the office, "I got your text."

"Good, I wanted to talk to you about today. I know that I didn't pay that much attention to you. I could see that. But I don't want anyone to find out about us."

Jack nods, "Yeah, I get that. But you don't have to fully ignore me."

"I'm sorry. But no one can find out about us."

"I know, I know." Jack smiles, locking the door behind him, "But no one's here right now."

Mark snickers, "True."

Jack walks up to him, and they share a tender kiss.

"We should make sure no one finds out about us."

"Yeah, I know, Mark. Don't worry, no one will find out."

"I mean it. I... Just don't want us to get in trouble for this."

"I know. You won't have to worry that I tell anyone. I'm really good at keeping secrets. And I don't want to risk losing you."

"That's good. Now go home. I don't want to risk anyone seeing us."

Jack nods and goes home.

Jack's (p.o.v)

I arrive at home, "I shouldn't follow him. He is mine. There is no need to go to see what he is doing. But... Maybe I should go to him? Just to see how he is doing and what."

I walk to his house and hide behind the same wall, "Good, he is home." I look at him and feel my heart pounding in my chest.

After a long time of watching him walk around, I see him leave the house, "Fuck. Why is he leaving? I need to follow him."

After a long pursuit, Mark arrives at another house, and I can see that a guy opens the door for him, "Who is that? Why is he going to him? I need to find out who that is. Was he there two weeks ago too?"

I hide behind a wall and watch, "Why would he be going there? And most importantly, who is it?"

The longer I watch, the angrier I become, "I might need to kill him. I need to keep Mark safe. He is mine. I won't let anyone get between us."

Once Mark is inside the house, I walk closer to it, staying far away to make sure Mark can't see me, "I wait here and wait for Mark to leave. When he leaves, I'll kill that guy."

I wait around, staying hidden from view for a long time, "Finally, he leaves. What did he do there for so long? It has been like an hour already." I wait for Mark to walk away and walk closer to the house. I then notice something, "A camera? Fuck, I don't think it is safe to break in here. I'm almost certain I'll get caught If I kill him without a plan. Maybe I can kill him when he is out of the house?"

Knowing I can't get the guy right now, I follow Mark back to his house.

After seeing him going inside, I make my way back home.

Once I arrive home, I slam the door shut behind me. Still feeling the anger inside me, "I need to kill him, but I can't at his house because of those stupid cameras. And I can't use the same technic as I did with Ethan... Fuck." I shake my head, "Maybe it's just a friend. I shouldn't act too fast."

I try to calm my breathing while holding my chest, "Just a friend, I'm sure... I hope"