Chapter 8

A/N
Here you go. A proper chapter after the fluff.

Tommy stood on top of one of Snowchester's walls.

He wore his newly adorned brown aviator's jacket. The coat was certainly useful in the cold night.

He looked out over the calm ocean. It was hard to believe that across it was the Greater SMP, filled with people who either feared, hated, or felt sorry for him. Snowchester was so peaceful. There were no random buildings, signs in the sky, or Creeper holes.

He leaned against the railing as he exhaled slowly, his breath visible because of the cold. It had to have been somewhere in the negatives. His hands were only saved by some thick black mittens given to him by Tubbo.

"Tommy?"

Tommy jumped and whirled around, startled. Tubbo was standing there. He managed to ease his breath. He hadn't heard the goat boy approach him.

"Do you mind if I join you?" Tubbo asked, gesturing to the railing.

"Um, no," Tommy said, still slightly shaken.

The two leaned against the railing and looked out over the ocean, neither of them speaking. Tommy could sense that Tubbo had something to say, but he couldn't bring himself to. Tommy didn't really want to hear it, so he stayed quiet.

A howling gust of wind blew through Snowchester. Then there were more gusts. Dark clouds hung in the sky. Tommy knew there was a snowstorm coming. Now there was one more  thing to worry about.

"Maybe we should—"

"Why did you do it?" Tubbo asked.

Tommy looked at the goat boy, becoming startled once more. "What do you mean? Haven't I told you already?"

"How did you choose who to go after?"

"I... I just went after people who... hurt— made me feel hurt. A lot of people made me feel horrible, Tubbo. Wilbur, Quackity, Ranboo, Dream," he said, counting to four on his fingers. "While Ranboo and Quackity didn't necessarily hurt me physically, and nothing excuses my actions, it still hurt. Seeing you and Ranboo hang out so much... It hurt, Tubbo. I felt like I had been forgotten."

"Mm-hm," Tubbo said, his gaze still on the ocean.

"Why do you even want to know?" Tommy asked, looking away. "Why do you care?"

"What if we do it again?"

"What?" Tommy asked, standing. "What do you mean 'What if we do it again?'"

Tubbo smirked at him. "We go after the people who hurt you. There are more now, aren't there? I'd say Fundy's one of them, wouldn't you?"

Tommy didn't know what to say. Did Tubbo really want to help him? And how did he know that Tommy wanted to go after Fundy? Why was he even willing to help?

"Y-you don't mean that," Tommy said. "Why would I want to hurt people again? I may have been a bad person, but I want to be a good one now!"

Tubbo gave him an exasperated yet amused look. "We've known each other since we were just little kids. I can tell when you really want something. Besides, your eyes wouldn't be purple and yellow if you weren't still mad."

"My eyes are what?" Tommy asked. "They're still purple and yellow? That's going to ruin my act." He paused for a second, realizing what he had just said. He cursed.

Tubbo tipped his head back and bleated with laughter. "I knew it. So, what do you say, Tommy? Don't you want more revenge? I certainly want some. I'd like to hurt the people who hurt me." Tubbo stood up. "You've inspired me, Tommy."

Tommy didn't know what to do. What if Tubbo was tricking him? No, Tubbo would never do that. This was his best friend.

He smiled. "Are you sure you want to go down this path?"

"I sure am."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

The two grinned at each other. Now that Tommy payed attention, their was a malicious glow in Tubbo's eyes, the same glow Tommy'd had when he'd planned his revenge. This was going to be a perfect alliance.