Chapter 11

More frightening dreams came.

He looked around, finding himself in a train station. He could hear someone wailing loudly. His instincts told him to yell at the person, but he knew that wail. This was Ghostbur.

He whirled around, seeing the sobbing ghost. Ghostbur was pressed up against the wall, his arms wrapped around his knees. He cried without stopping to breathe.

"Ghostbur!" Tommy cried as he ran towards the ghost.

Ghostbur looked up, his eyes filling with joy. "TOMMY!" he shouted, standing up.

The two ran to each other. They hugged tightly, not wanting to ever let go. They both cried and shouted.

Tommy finally had Ghostbur back—the ghost that had caused his insanity. The kind and caring ghost who had been there for him in his worst times. The wonderful ghost that was tied to the not-so wonderful Wilbur.

"I never thought I'd see you again!" Tommy shouted.

"I never thought that I would see you again!"

"I'm sorry!"

"Don't be!"

"How can I not be?!"

"Because I said so!"

"That makes no sense!"

"I don't care!"

"I'm never letting go of you again!" they cried in unison.

Tommy smiled harder than he ever had before. Ghostbur squeezed him tighter. They stayed hugging each other for what seemed like forever.

Then it all fell away.

He sat up, seeing that he was back in Tubbo's house. Tubbo was knelt at his side with Ranboo looking at him in a state of panic.

"Ghost... bur...?" Tommy murmured.

"Oh, thank the gods!" Tubbo cried, hugging him.

Tommy stared at the ground. That hadn't even been real. That had been a dream. He hadn't seen Ghostbur.

Tommy outstretched his hand. Ghostbur wasn't there. He had lost him again. He would never see the ghost again. It was all his fault.

Ranboo knelt down in front of him. "Are you okay?"

"Ghostbur..." he breathed, still trying to grasp that the ghost was gone.

Ranboo and Tubbo shared a worried glance. Tommy knew what they were thinking about. This was just like all those days where Tommy had thought that he'd seen Ghostbur, but he hadn't. Tubbo and Ranboo would have to be there and reassure him.

He looked up at Ranboo, his eyes filling with tears. Ranboo wasn't a bad person. Ranboo just wanted to help.

Ranboo gently gripped Tommy's forearm. "It's okay, Tommy."

"I want to see him again," he said, willing himself not to cry.

Tubbo hugged him again. "It's alright. It's going to be okay. You're going to be okay."

"I..." Tommy shook his head. "I'll get some rest."

Tommy lay in his bed, unable to sleep. It being midday, there was no chance that he would be falling asleep.

As he lay in bed, he could hear Tubbo and Ranboo talking about him.

"He hasn't done that for months," Tubbo said.

"He—he'll be okay," Ranboo said. "It's got to be hard coming back to life for the second time."

"He had a nightmare last night and wouldn't wake up," said Tubbo. "This can't be normal. He could barely speak."

"He just misses Ghostbur."

"There has to be more."

"Tubbo, he's going to be fine."

"Why aren't you more worried?"

"Because I know that he's going to be okay, Tubbo."

"You can't know for sure."

"Well, I do."

"He's not going to be okay, Ranboo!" Tubbo shouted. "Did you see him? His ankle's still all messed up and now he's dealing with this!"

"Tubbo—"

Tubbo cut Ranboo off, yelling, "Can't you just agree with me? He's not okay, Ranboo! I'm worried about him!"

There was silence.

Ranboo sighed. "Tommy's resilient."

"He is," Tubbo said, reluctantly.

"He can take care of himself."

"He can."

"He'll be okay."

"He will."

Tommy shut his eyes. He understood Tubbo's worries, but Ranboo was right. He would be fine. Everything was going to go fine.