The Same Story (Hitomi)

(A/N): Ah yes... There are a lot of firsts for this oneshot.

First, this is the first oneshot of the year 2022!

Second, and quite coincidentally, this is the first oneshot that lives up to the current title of this book!

And last but not the least, this is the first Gender Neutral oneshot I have made! That way, people of all genders could read without the need of imagining themselves as another gender.

Okay okay, this is the last paragraph before we dive in.

I just want to let you guys know that the narration style for this story would be a little different. If you are somehow confused about the writing, explanation will be provided at the end of this oneshot.

Now, without further ado, here's 'The Same Story'.

Enjoy~

~~~~~

Genre: Unknown

Gender: Neutral

~~~~~

(Y/N) POV

The bell rang across the hallways despite it being early in the afternoon, which means it was a lucky day as we were all dismissed early.

The whole class erupted in cheers as they finally got to go home or stroll around the city. While all my classmates were eager to leave the campus, I had different plans.

With a paper bag in one hand and my school bag draped on my shoulder, I left the room and immediately went for the stairs. Each step I took, the more I felt at ease knowing that I am getting closer and closer to my destination.

After going through a long flight of stairs, I finally reached the fourth floor and wasted no time heading for a certain classroom. Judging how quiet the usually noisy area is, I figured that most of her classmates also left already.

I adoringly stared at the plastic bag one more time before entering but to my surprise, I didn't see you sitting on your assigned desk.

"Where are you?" I mutter, hearing your soft giggle right after.

"I'm right here beside the window," I heard you answer. I turned my head to the right and sure enough, you were standing by the window with her adorable smile plastered on her face. I playfully hit my head for not thinking of scanning the room as you emitted another soft giggle.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I sat down on one of the desks near you..

"I'm not doing anything," you smiled at me. I then carefully took out all of the paper bag's contents and laid it out for you to see.

Your eyes sparkled at the sight of your favorite loaf treats. I knew you'd love them, no doubt.

"Come here beside me," I offered the desk on my left for you to sit on.

"Okay, wait for me," you happily walked towards me and sat down on the desk I offered.

I immediately gave you the tasty treats which you munched down the bread in delight without missing a beat.

After a few minutes of me watching you eat, I finally spoke up to catch your attention.

"Let's talk about something," I said softly. Not that watching you eat was boring, but having a conversation with you is always better, in my humble opinion.