18

Hozier - Take Me To Church

Rory sat in silence. Gideon marched pass her and she craned her head to find him stalking murderously to the men who held her hostage. She gulped, realising he was going to kill them liked he promised.

Her gaze then fell onto the trail of blood he had left behind. He was still bleeding out and refused to receive any medical attention. Rory was his first priority - he ensured she was the first to receive the care she needed.

A gun shot rang out, causing her to scream.

Gideon had shot one of the remaining men and he fell backwards, lifeless.

"Which one of you was the one who beat my wife?" He roared, boiling over with anger.

"It was him!" One of the accused, pointing to one of his comrade.

"He took the pictures!"

Gideon grabbed the soldier who had hit her, pulling him up by the neck. Raising his fist, he flung it across his face and a crack resonated in the warehouse. His jaw dislocated and cheek shattering into pieces.

Rory covered her ears, drowning out the pained cries of the soldier.

He continued hitting the man until he no longer made a single noise. Until his eyes swelled, ears and nose gushing blood, his mouth busted with a couple teeth missing. Gideon let his body fall to the concrete, fished out his gun and putting several bullets into his stomach.

"He's killing them." She cried, tears pouring down her cheek at the inhumane treatment of the men.

They had treated her badly but, they didn't deserve death. They should've called the police and get these men arrested.

"This is our world." Tobias sighed. "Men like them get what they deserve for coming after us."

She didn't want to believe his words but it was laid out right in front of her.

Each remaining men drop one by one dying a painful death. They were beaten, at the hands of her husband, to the point their faces were unrecognisable and shot to death.

The moment the last one breathed for the last time, Gideon sauntered over. Blood on his knuckles and scattered on his face. He was bathed in blood, his own and theirs. An image that will haunt her for the rest of her life.

He knelt before her, resting his face against her neck, blood dripping from his wounds.

He hurled over, falling flat against the ground.

~*~

"What is his condition, Doctor?" Sebastian questioned.

They were at the hospital.

The moment Gideon collapsed, the group drove him straight to the nearest emergency room. While they stitched him back up and checked his vitals, a nurse had came to Rory's aid and dressed her wounds. Now, they were waiting to hear about her husband.

"He's stable." The doctor reassured. "His wounds caused him to bleed out hence he could no longer function."

The doctor led the way to his room, Rory following closely behind them - Sebastian and Tobias, who claimed he needed to stay since it was partially his mess.

As expected, he had a private room with its sitting area and a shower room. Gideon laid on the bed, propped up by a pillow while the nurses checked on his vitals. He eyed the people entering his room but mostly focused on his wife.