55

Duncan Laurence - Arcade

Blinking, Rory cleared the sleep from the inner corners of her eyes and pushed off the soft, satin pillow where her head rested. An irritating and aching beating pulsed through body, and every muscle seemed to scream in protest as she sat upright on the blush sofa.

Her hands instantly reached for her bump, curling around it protectively. Now, at a little over 17 weeks, her bump was a lot more noticeable.

"Will I be gifted with a niece or nephew?"

Rory jumped from surprised and followed the sound of the voice.

Luci leaned against the doorframe of the living room. She had changed into a silky cream dress that fell to her ankles. Its cowl neckline complimented her square shoulders and slender arms; she appeared like the lady of the house.

"I don't want you anywhere near my baby." She replied coldly. "Not, not after what you've done."

"That," Luci said sharply, pushing off the frame. "Won't happen again. I panicked." She slide into the empty beside Rory, taking her hands. "I got scared."

"You weren't scared." Rory whispered, "You were calculated."

She didn't miss the premeditated glint in her eyes - she intended to hurt Jairo even if it was earlier than planned.

As Rory stood a powerful wave of nausea overcame her and she threw up what little was in her stomach. The liquid splattered over the porcelain floor and she fell to her knees, with a sharp pain slicing through her stomach. Rory cried, clutching her belly while tears streamed her face. Fear rose in her chest and her mind began conjuring the worst case scenarios.

What was wrong with her? What was with the smearing pain?

Luci stood over her; watching sullenly with pity in her eyes.

"I need to go home." Rory cried. "Please, please call Juan or María." She begged, tugging at the hem of Luci's dress.

To her surprise, Luci shook her head - a very evident no. Rory's mouth turned dry, the acidic bile turning sour on her lips. Meeting Luci's dark eyes - she knew that getting out of this mansion - where ever it was - wasn't going to be easy.

She won't be able just to walk out now.

"The maids have prepared a room for you." She said blankly. "You'll lucky that I let you have a warm bed so, don't disappoint me Rory." She turned to look and toss a look over her shoulder. "Go and clean up, you smell foul."

Two young maids replaced her as she strutted out the room. They dragged Rory exhausted figure up the iron wrought staircase. After her vomiting incident, it seemed all the energy was drained out of her. Thus, she put up no fight.

In quick pace they treaded through the dark and musty hallway of the mansion. The maids carried her to the bath room and ran the water. Nothing was exchanged between the three of them as they bathe her. Rory forced back a cry and let her mind wandered while she laid staring at the white ceiling.

She closed her eyes and saw Gideon's face. Her chest tightened and bubbling hiccup sobs echoed in the bathroom. Loneliness swam around her, leaving her empty and craving for his attention. When she wanted it, he had always been so good at giving it to her. He protected her, loved her and he would be beating down the door with his army right now - if she hadn't locked him up.

Once dressed, they led her towards the terrace that overlooked a green scenery with a great view of a beautiful, mossy river.

A table was set neatly on the terrace. Decorated by white lace clothes and dried flowers in a crystal vase as the centre piece. On one side of the table was a dark haired man with black eyes and tan skin - Cristian Herrera.