43

Halsey - Gasoline

Cristian Herrera was the recently the centre of attention. With a new girl on his arms and his association - rumoured - with the mafia and the escalating situation in the south, he was the talk of the country. He liked the attention, Rory recalled Sebastian mentioning. All publicity was good publicity for him.

Using the latest iPhone model Gideon graciously gifted her with a warning to always answer his call, she typed in Cristian Herrera's name into the search bar.

He was prominent on the gossip sites. Other than that, nothing told her why he was important; he was a simply golden playboy with a high net worth.

Rory zoomed on a recent photo of him and the girl she saw on TV, and shuddered. Curly blonde hair, pastel hoodies and cotton shorts with sneakers; that was all her. She couldn't help but pondered if this was a sick game he was playing with Gideon.

Sighing, she glanced at the time - 22:52pm - where was Gideon?

Rory carefully and quietly slide out of bed as to not wake sleeping Cielo. She hadn't asked about where Luci was since Gideon was pretty infuriated after their conversation. Though, it only drove her curiosity, making her ponder what happened.

She trudged towards Gideon's office where a stream of light beamed through the gape in the door. Hearing muffled voices, she tiptoed forward, pressing her back against the wall and listened tentatively.

"The fucker mixes rat poison in his drugs." Her husband's gruff voice spoke. "It's dangerous and people are going to end up dying."

"His only drug lab left is in the south." Sebastian's voice rang out warily. "My sources tell me he has it well guarded. He's been buying weapons from your rivals in the Middle East as well as smuggling soldiers in from Brazil."

Rory gulped, they were sure talking about Cristian Herrera - Cielo's father.

"We're going to destroy it." Gideon declared, "I will not have some fucker selling unauthentic drugs under my nose."

She heard a scraping of a chair against the floor and quiet footsteps. Then, the office doors flew opened and Gideon glared daggers her way.

"And, I won't have you sneaking around and listening to my meetings, Rory!" He snapped, curling his fingers around her forearm. How did he know she was there? Did he have sixth sense she didn't know about?

Busted, Gideon heaved her up with ease and steered her into the office where she was greeted by several men. Tall, muscular and intimidating. Their faces were familiar since she seen them around the property before.

"Since you're here, let me introduce you to your guards." He scoffed, taking her hand in his.

He turned to the men sat around on the vintage sofas sipping liquor from a crystal glass. One of them stood; a dark chocolate skinned men with dark, doe eyes underneath thick straight brows. He rivalled Gideon in height and was lean; his structure made to be fast and agile.

"This Luis," He introduced, "He's head of my security."

Luis nodded politely in greeting, lowering his eyes as he locked on her. Timidly, Rory gave him a small smile in return before stepping behind her husband, disliking all their eyes on her. She was in dressed in her usual pyjama, a stark contrast to their immaculate uniform and Gideon's suit and tie.

"He will be in charge of making your travel arrangements, if you want to go anywhere." He squeezed her hand as he said that. Letting her go was always going to be difficult for him. "This is Jairo." Gideon nodded to brown haired, lanky young man getting to his feet next to Luis.