36

Guys My Age - Hey Violet

He was being weird.

That was the conclusion she came too after observing him for hours in his office. A book in hand. Perching on velvet sofa overlooking the courtyard. She was completely ignoring the words in front of her and used it as a cover up to glimpse at him. Trying to decipher him was like completing an impossible puzzle.

Last night, she thought he'd take her the way he liked, raw, hard and fast. She didn't expect for him to take his hands out of her pants and rolled to the other side of the bed. And, putting a decent amount of distance between them.

"Why are you staring at me?" He suddenly asked, never taking his eyes off the documents he was scanning.

"I'm not." She denied too quickly for it to be believable.

"That book is in Spanish, you don't know Spanish." He pointed, cocking an eyebrow. "I don't see how it would interest you, besides I can feel your eyeballs burning into my skull."

She pursed her lips and returned to her book, pretending to understand what the words meant. In her peripheral vision, she spotted Gideon slanting his eyes at her, chuckling lowly. Frowning, she closed her book.

She had a lot of questions, especially about his strange behaviour and her lack of punishment.

Biting her lip, she finally spoke up, "Are you still mad at me?"

"Why would I be mad at you?" He said, straightening up his document.

"You know why so, stopping pretending you aren't." She snapped. She crossed her arms over her chest, averting her gaze to the floor. He was still too intimidating for her to look at directly. "If you're going to do what you did last time just do it now, I don't want to wait."

He stood and stalked to her. Her pulsed race and the air around her became to thick to swallow. Regret seized her body and she mentally scolded herself for even bringing it up. She should've just been pleased he didn't tried anything.

She flinched as he got closer but he never grabbed her. Instead, he exited the room and slammed the door shut behind him. Once the barriers between them were up and sturdy, Rory sighed in relief. She was an idiotic to even bring it up, particularly the tone she used on him.

From her view, she spotted Gideon cross the courtyard and exited the house. His face was twisted in anger. She fucked up; without a doubt he was far more angry at her than he was a moment ago.

The inevitable awaited her but how long was it going to take for him to explode.

~*~

Rory wandered the mansion for the rest of the day. Most of the rooms were locked except for an old nook library, a few empty bedrooms and Gideon's office. Most of the furniture was covered by a white sheet and thick layers of dust.

It was clear the mansion wasn't in use. So, why did Gideon choose to stay here? He had a private suite in his own hotel.

Bored, Rory headed downstairs and the moment, she reached the foyer, the front door opened.

Gideon stepped through the door and threw his keys into a fruit bowl like he had done it so many times before. His jaw tightened and he picked the keys back up, shoving them into his jacket.

From that action alone, the mansion was worth more than she initially thought.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, spotting her standing at the bottom of the staircase.